Simple way to start XBMC with Remote
I have an MCE Remote as well as a URC 50 universal remote which I used successfully to start XBMC in windows 7. Problem is, i just upgraded to windows 8 (which doesn't have windows media center) and now i cant use my mce start button to power xbmc with my remote.

Is there an easy way to start XBMC without having to use my mouse? I have already tried XBMC launcher, but it doesnt work like it did in windows 7 and then it wont let me minimize XBMC once I open it.

Also, i have an iphone with an app called XBMC remote, works great but doesnt allow me to start XBMC.

Thanks in advance for the responses Smile
How about pining xbmc to start?

Thats what i have.

Everything in the metro ui can be controlled by gamepads/remote.s
Tried it and that is kinda cool being able to use my remote in the taskbar. Now is there a way can do this if i'm in explorer?
(2012-10-09, 03:22)nezz621 Wrote: Tried it and that is kinda cool being able to use my remote in the taskbar. Now is there a way can do this if i'm in explorer?
Green Start Button........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-09, 03:22)nezz621 Wrote: Tried it and that is kinda cool being able to use my remote in the taskbar. Now is there a way can do this if i'm in explorer?

You mean in desktop mode?

Why do you need to do so?

Id rather stay away from desktop mode as much as possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple way to start XBMC with Remote0