[RELEASE] xbmcswift2 - plugin framework
Thanks Roman, thats kind of a bummer. Maybe a follow on question. Are the banner / clear logo properties with proper keys, or is art a separate thing from info and properties all together? The info on the info labels page isn't entirely clear, and I wasn't able to find a proper list of all the available keys that are settable for listitem properties.

Regards,
Zach
(2015-06-04, 10:48)Roman_V_M Wrote: 2 zachmorris

Unfortunately, xbmcswift2 seems to be completely abandoned for some time now, and ListItem.setArt method is relatively new, so I guess it is not supported by xbmcswift2.

Hi Roman,

do you know more things which are not available in swift? I plan to update it.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2015-06-07, 01:31)zachmorris Wrote: Thanks Roman, thats kind of a bummer. Maybe a follow on question. Are the banner / clear logo properties with proper keys, or is art a separate thing from info and properties all together? The info on the info labels page isn't entirely clear, and I wasn't able to find a proper list of all the available keys that are settable for listitem properties.

Regards,
Zach

If I'm not mistaken, setArt method has been added in Helix. Partially it duplicates other ListItem methods but it allows to set all graphics in one place.
(2015-06-07, 10:40)sphere Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 10:48)Roman_V_M Wrote: 2 zachmorris

Unfortunately, xbmcswift2 seems to be completely abandoned for some time now, and ListItem.setArt method is relatively new, so I guess it is not supported by xbmcswift2.

Hi Roman,

do you know more things which are not available in swift? I plan to update it.

First of all, we need an equivalent for setArt method for all the graphics.
Then it is necessary to separate 'isFolder' and 'IsPlayable' properties. As far as I know, xbmcswift2 only allows to set 'IsPlayable' property for items that are then resolved via set_resolved_url. But we need more granular control for that. E.g. if we want to play our item via xbmc.Player instance, we need to set both 'isFolder' and 'IsPlayable' to false (or rather leave 'IsPlayeble' to its default value). The same applies if our plugin route does other tasks than displaying a list of items or plays an item via set_resolved_url.

P.S. I've even written my own plugin micro-framework.Smile It is not as sophisticated as xbmcswift2 but it does the job.
Greetings.

Firstly, thank you for all of your work. With this plugin an unskilled first time developer like myself can get needed plugins out there, so thanks for your framework.

I have a question about thumbnail caching. I am using an API from our website to pull an image for live streams that either A: Pulls an "OFFLINE" image, or B: the icon/photo for the person streaming on that particular channel. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get around Kodi's caching to make the thumbnails refresh quickly enough in Kodi to be of any use to tell if the streams are online.

I have tried to add cache_to_disc=False, update_listing=True to the plugin.finish when listing the streams, but it doesn't appear to work for this, and the icons remain the same hours after a show has ended.

My google-fu has not been effective in this endeavor as well. Again, thank you for your time.

PS: Additional bonus question. I probably missed it somewhere along the way, but is there a function to pop up a static image or view a static image in xbmcswift2? I tried notify but it only pops up in the bottom right corner as a very small message.
Bumping. See previous question in post above. Does anyone still use this framework or is there something more sophisticated out now?
(2015-06-29, 20:09)WHCTHBD Wrote: PS: Additional bonus question. I probably missed it somewhere along the way, but is there a function to pop up a static image or view a static image in xbmcswift2? I tried notify but it only pops up in the bottom right corner as a very small message.

xbmcswift2 is a plugin framework and naturally does not cover all addon functionality. Please read Kodi Python API docs to find functionality you need.

(2015-08-24, 19:58)WHCTHBD Wrote: Bumping. See previous question in post above. Does anyone still use this framework or is there something more sophisticated out now?

I'm using it in one of my old project which still works. So xbmcswift2 can still be used though it has some drawbacks I've described above. And what do you mean by "sophisticated"?
-delete- abandoning this question due to passive-aggressiveness and non-answers. Passive-aggressively telling someone to RTFM after they asked a question referring to said "M" is counter-productive at best.
If you're looking for alternatives, here's another one https://github.com/tamland/kodi-plugin-routing

See it in action here: https://github.com/tamland/xbmc-addon-nr...default.py or https://github.com/tamland/xbmc-wimp/blo...r/addon.py

Difference from other micro/mini frameworks is that it only does the argument handling/url routing, and tries to do that well. It's a small ~150 lines library, not a framework.

If you want the the latest and greatest the official plugin API is the best thing. IMO the problem with all the current framework is that they wrap the kodi API and force you to only use only those wrappers. It always ends with out-of-date functionality and people getting locked-in, which is why I personally stay out of that and rather write utilities. Yes the official plugin api it's a bit rough on the edges but once it's down it's easier to maintain and develop further.
(2015-06-07, 10:40)sphere Wrote: do you know more things which are not available in swift? I plan to update it.

Sphere,

Any timeline on updates / xbmcswift3 to support newer Kodi functionality?

Thanks!
Has anyone taken over development if jbel has indeed abandoned it? There are lots of open pull requests. I would be happy to help.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
Somebody started a fork here: https://github.com/Sinap/kodiswift
Since the last commit to the original xbmcswift was 4 years ago, I think it's safe to say it's abandonedWink

But to repeat the friendly warning from above, unless you're ok with taking the burden of updating it yourself or porting your plugin to something else later, I would stay away from these 'lock-in frameworks' and use the official api as there's always the risk of it to stop being maintained and left for dead. As xbmcswift2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbmcswift2 - plugin framework2