minimize XBMC
I just installed XBMC on Ubuntu 11.10. I can start it by going to the dash.
But then it takes over my whole screen. I want to minimise it and do other stuff.

I searched in this forum on the string "minimize XBMC" but am not able to find anything.

As I understand from this site "http://lifehacker.com/5803975/what-is-upnp-and-how-do-i-use-it-to-stream-media-to-my-tv" I should be able to install XBMC on the machine that contains my videos etc and then stream from that to other devices (in this case I plan to use another laptop downstairs).

But there will be times I still want to use this server for other things.

Confused...

Thanks!
HI, welcome Smile

if you are on windows alt+enter will switch XBMC to windowed mode.

Also Settings/System/Video output >> Display mode

hope this helps
Thanks for the welcome.
Well I'm not on windows, so Alt-Enter is ruled out. I did the Settings/System/Video Output- Display mode. It completely messed up my display when I tried to chose windowed mode...I had no idea what was where and ended up having to reboot my system.

I will just stick to mapping the network drives manually on my laptop downstairs to access media on this machine- XBMC is not worth the trouble for me just now, maybe if I acquire some other UPnP enabled device like a BluRay player or PlayStations 3

Thanks!
Hit the backslash ( \ ) key to windowize XBMC, then click the minimize "button" on the window.
Thanks. This works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
minimize XBMC0