• 1(current)
Req Teletext Subtitles
When using Teletext as subtitles it's out of sync for about 2-3 seconds so an option for delaying teletext subtitles would be nice.
Or if you find a better solution that works that is also ok ocourse.
This happens on both LiveTV and Recordings so it's not a PVR addon problem.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Anyone looking at this?
What i think happens is that audio/video is buffering when streaming and not teletext so audio/video is 2-3 seconds behind teletext.
So it should be synced in some way or an option to delay teletext with X seconds.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
A workaround that made it better was lower the buffersize in advancedsettings.xml but not a optimal solution.

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>262144</cachemembuffersize>
</network>

Seems it depends on channel and other things still big problems with sync Sad
Only german people and people from other countries here that is totally uninterested in working teletext?
Noone seems to care about this.

Because of teletext subtitles is so damn oldschool that there is not much demand. What prevents you from using the subtitle addon instead and get real subtitles on demand? Or doesn't your htpc have any internet connection?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
it is very useful for people with hearing problems watching live tv, so this needs fixing
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-10-22, 23:25)Memphiz Wrote: Because of teletext subtitles is so damn oldschool that there is not much demand. What prevents you from using the subtitle addon instead and get real subtitles on demand? Or doesn't your htpc have any internet connection?
Because many channels in sweden for example use Teletext subtitles and addons lika Vu+/Enigma2 doesn't have Teletext subtitle support so i have to use Teletext plugin and manually go to subtitle page.

Sorry - i obviously got spacy during my yesterdays forum walk around cause i have mixed up live tv with movie stuff.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-10-23, 12:43)Leatherface Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 23:25)Memphiz Wrote: Because of teletext subtitles is so damn oldschool that there is not much demand. What prevents you from using the subtitle addon instead and get real subtitles on demand? Or doesn't your htpc have any internet connection?
Because many channels in sweden for example use Teletext subtitles and addons lika Vu+/Enigma2 doesn't have Teletext subtitle support so i have to use Teletext plugin and manually go to subtitle page.

Sorry Leatherface, but why do you keep stating that there is no Teletext support in VU+ / Enigma2? Smile

If I activate subtitles in the audio preferences then I got subtitles - but I never checked whether they are in sync. Actually I'm not aware of any teletext-related functions in the PVR-API, so I don't know what to do here. The addon just provides the stream URL to XBMC.

Maybe this would be fixed if the addon would provide the raw MPEG-TS stream like the mediaportal / fortherecord addon. Unfortunately I still do not fully understand how I could do this. Too bad that the PVR-Demo-Addon didn't have that functionality when I first started programming the addon Wink

@dushmaniac: Isn't that a generic use case (providing the raw MPEG-TS stream through either a file or an network stream)? - i.e. isn't it possible to encapsulate that in a helper class that can be shared amongst all the addons? That way people with very limited coding skills (like me) could make use of it + less there would be less code duplication.
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
eeh, encapsulate what exactly?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

(2012-10-23, 12:43)Leatherface Wrote: Because many channels in sweden for example use Teletext subtitles and addons lika Vu+/Enigma2 doesn't have Teletext subtitle support so i have to use Teletext plugin and manually go to subtitle page.

No PVR addon supports teletext subtitles because XBMC doesn't support them. That's the reason you have to use the Teletext function and press the page number to see them. It would be great if XBMC could add them to the supported subtitles, that way they could be displayed with TTF fonts and the delay could be set.

Ok how come tvheadend does have subtitles ? All swedish channels have subs, both teletext and dvd sub! I can change them in xbmc meny and dont have to use teletext numbers. Whats the diffrence from other backends?
huh?
i use teletext subs every day without selecting the teletext page number.
my teletext subs are automatically added to the subs you can select in the xbmc audio menu.
i use tvheadend + frodo, but this has worked in eden too.
(2012-10-23, 17:39)Uukrul Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 12:43)Leatherface Wrote: Because many channels in sweden for example use Teletext subtitles and addons lika Vu+/Enigma2 doesn't have Teletext subtitle support so i have to use Teletext plugin and manually go to subtitle page.

No PVR addon supports teletext subtitles because XBMC doesn't support them. That's the reason you have to use the Teletext function and press the page number to see them. It would be great if XBMC could add them to the supported subtitles, that way they could be displayed with TTF fonts and the delay could be set.
doesn't the add-on provide dvbsub in the stream? that's what tvheadend is providing. and that's what appears in the subtitle selection. teletext subs have to be activated manually indeed.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

(2012-10-23, 20:54)basco Wrote: huh?
i use teletext subs every day without selecting the teletext page number.
my teletext subs are automatically added to the subs you can select in the xbmc audio menu.
i use tvheadend + frodo, but this has worked in eden too.
Yes it works with tvheadend but not with Enigma2 PVR addon and many other PVR addons.
Only way to get Teletext subtitle there is with 'v' and then manually select subtitle page and problem there is that subtitles comes a few seconds to fast.
Same thing happens if i watch any .ts stream in normal video player in XBMC.
(2012-10-23, 19:35)Jönke Wrote: Ok how come tvheadend does have subtitles ? All swedish channels have subs, both teletext and dvd sub! I can change them in xbmc meny and dont have to use teletext numbers. Whats the diffrence from other backends?
Only HD channels have DVB subtitles and SD channels have Teletext subtitles.

(2012-10-23, 17:39)Uukrul Wrote:

tvheadend supports Teletext and i had subtitles when i tested it with vtuner (atleast with Eden as i used earlier).
But vtuner isn't stable for me outside my LAN so that's why i use Enigma2 PVR addon.

And if you check HTS source you will find this for example

else if(!strcmp(type, "TELETEXT"))
{
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecType = AVMEDIA_TYPE_SUBTITLE;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_DVB_TELETEXT;
}

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Teletext Subtitles2