• 8(current)
Req Teletext Subtitles
Use Tvheadend as backend and subtitle works for both live tv and recordings.
Jönke: It looks like it doesn't work with Windows 7?
True, linux only.

If you have a htpc i can recommend Openelec , that has tvheadend as a addon.
That's a shame. I am depending on Windows on my HTPC for other things. So there is no solution for Win7, except switching back to Mediaportal or using VLC?
Not at the moment
(2014-04-08, 20:56)client Wrote: I see that some of you have teletext subs in perfect sync, and you talk about clients, backends, plugins and whatnot. Can you offer any help to a newcomer who just has the vanilla XBMC installed? I usually record from the SD TV channels to keep the file size down, and almost all of them use teletext for subs.
With all buffer disabled you can get it working with 'v' key and manually choose teletext page.
Thats's the only option but it only works for livetv. Recordings is still out of sync for me.
This problem makes it impossible to use it as a PVR solution.
Really sad developers don't understand how important Teletext is for a lot of people.
Without support for that it's no need for timeshift and other things that have higher priority if not basic things works.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
PVR is only a priority for a few of the developers and those who do actively develop mainly use backends that parse teletext internally, that's why there's no progress on this issue unfortunately.
Well even if you don't use PVR function i know lot of people that have .ts files they want to play with XBMC with Teletext so it's not just a PVR issue.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2014-04-14, 22:17)Leatherface Wrote: With all buffer disabled you can get it working with 'v' key and manually choose teletext page.
Thats's the only option but it only works for livetv. Recordings is still out of sync for me.

Thanks, but I don't watch live tv, only recordings. I also have lots which was recorded in Mediaportal, but as I said I've been using vlc to watch them after I switched to xbmc.
Is there any bounty/donation system which can get developers interested in fixing this feature?
Yes it's same here. I record a lot and there it's out of sync.
I don't know how to get developers to listen on what people wants.

I'm pretty sure all relevant developers are aware of this issue, it's just not a priority at the moment.
It's a basic funtion that have higher priority than timeshift and other things.
It was an issue already before PVR came to XBMC because i have a lot of recrdings from my box.
And i am not gonna start converting a few 1000 recordings to another format.

Complaining is not going to help.
DVB teletext decoder was added to FFmpeg 2.1 and there is a pull request that adds FFmpeg 2.2 to XBMC so maybe we'll see teletext subtitles in the near future.
(2014-04-25, 17:13)Uukrul Wrote: DVB teletext decoder was added to FFmpeg 2.1 and there is a pull request that adds FFmpeg 2.2 to XBMC so maybe we'll see teletext subtitles in the near future.

Sounds promissing indeed Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Teletext Subtitles2