• 9(current)
Req Teletext Subtitles
Link ?
PR

FFmpeg 2.1 changelog:

Quote:- DVB teletext decoder
Still need changes in XBMC too even with updated ffmpeg.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
I've now read this entire thread and completely agree with all users who wants support for teletext subtitles from recorded *.ts files [without a damn out of sync feature Sad] . XBMC is completely useless without it. Totally agree with "Leatherface" that it's a very basic feature. I'm in the same situation here mate, also have tons of *.ts files recorded with a DM800 box.
I was tipped of to have a look at XBMC from a guy in a computer shop when looking around for parts for my "ultimate HTPC" project
and XBMC looked promising but I'll put it on ice now. Keep on using the DM box instead, sad but true.
(2014-05-15, 23:04)L.A.-73 Wrote: I've now read this entire thread and completely agree with all users who wants support for teletext subtitles from recorded *.ts files [without a damn out of sync feature Sad] . XBMC is completely useless without it. Totally agree with "Leatherface" that it's a very basic feature. I'm in the same situation here mate, also have tons of *.ts files recorded with a DM800 box.
I was tipped of to have a look at XBMC from a guy in a computer shop when looking around for parts for my "ultimate HTPC" project
and XBMC looked promising but I'll put it on ice now. Keep on using the DM box instead, sad but true.

It's not a must have and it certainly doesn't make XBMC completely useless Angry I never use subtitles and so do many others.
If you can't live without them i'd suggest you code it yourself and send it to us.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It is a must for people who has all their recordings in .ts, and non of them are dubbed into their language. This include, but not limit it to all Scandinavian users of .ts.

This simple fact stops me from using XBMC and keep on using my Vu+ box as a "home entertainment box". For me it is completely useless. Just as L.A-73 wrote: Sad but true.
Just share some comments. I have the same problem as the OP, i.e. teletext subtitles out of sync in live-tv so it is nice to have. I am using NextPVR. I have no problem with recorded tv because I play it with vlc which handles the teletext subtitles beautifully.
Hi,
if you integrate PVR into XBMC, you need to decide if you are going to to implement the function correctly, or don't bother. Teletext subtitles are used by many countries and even WMC can render them.

I understand that the PVR function is still relatively new in XBMC, but I don't agree with the tone of the developers who call this a 'low priority' feature.

Please try to implement teletext subtitles in future releases, it would make XBMC the best media centre software available. Ever.
This was wrong. Clicked back and refresh. Repost.
Leatherface, I don't know, should you laugh or cry, but after two years of endless talks nothing has changed.

Teletext subtitles are still out of sync for 2-5 seconds (audio/video lags behind teletext subtitles).

(2012-10-09, 12:19)Leatherface Wrote: When using Teletext as subtitles it's out of sync for about 2-3 seconds so an option for delaying teletext subtitles would be nice.
Or if you find a better solution that works that is also ok ocourse.
This happens on both LiveTV and Recordings so it's not a PVR addon problem.
add one as I would like to have this included please? thanks

it important as our UK freesat some need teletext subtitle as i tried use teletext facliltiy and press 888 and it not very helpful.
as at the moment we are stuck with WMC and impossible to leave WMC due to lack of teletext subtitle verison as you only offer dvb subtitle.

thanks
Hedgehoggy
@hedgehobby tvheadend works for Freesat, that way you'd get teletext subtitles until they're supported in Kodi.
Many people don't want to use Linux and plugins for Play services need Windows because of DRM things so many people use Windows because of that or just have little knowledge how Linux works .
For me is the problem that i stream to Kodi clients everywhere from my Dreambox.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
I looked at TVheaded and is no go for me!!! as need windows and yes it due to DRM things..it encrypt/decoder which lunic is not allowed have plug in! that is the problem.

so please come on KODI to provide TeleTEXT SUBTITLE! pretty please.

thanks
(2014-12-27, 09:11)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 21:33)Jönke Wrote: @FernetMenta is this PR any help to get http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142333&page=9 closer to working better with Kodi ? ( in sync and possible to chose subtile in Kodi video player menu )

Teletext Subtitles is a different technology but this could use the same design I used for CC. Instead of parsing the video packets it would need to parse teletext packets.

I Hope @FernetMenta will look into it when he has time , he fixed CC for the other guys Smile
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144517
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Teletext Subtitles2