Foxconn a3700
I bought a logitech harmony one. Figured I would make a small box for my bedroom. This seems to be one of the cheaper solutions. I already built a server for my living room. I think that memory will work. Was not quite sure on that. The fan is for my living room box. That fan that comes with the cpu is just too loud for my taste. If there is a better solution I am open for ideas.

If you have a few more $ for the project, I'd spring for one of these over a Foxconn NT 3XXX

http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei5a63500.html

I put together an NT3500 for my parents running OpenELEC, and while it works... it has a few personality flaws...

At least on the 3500, if you're using OpenELEC 1.95.XX, there is glitch with audio that results in no audio if you change HDMI or if you leave a movie paused for too long...

There is a fix, but it's a bit sloppy...

I'm also having trouble with the unit not always recognizing the NYXBoard remote and the Seagate GoFlex 4TB drive attached via USB 3.0...

That is almost double the price. I was just going to run windows 7 on it. It seems it can handle it fine. All I care about is playing x264 on my bedroom tv. Maybe I am totally wrong. That is what this forum is for.
(2012-10-10, 05:54)Schumacher Wrote: That is almost double the price. I was just going to run windows 7 on it. It seems it can handle it fine. All I care about is playing x264 on my bedroom tv. Maybe I am totally wrong. That is what this forum is for.
The E450+W7+XBMC should handle x264 fine.....the Foxconn A3700 seem to be very well made and look very nice too.....accoding to Crucial website, the A3700 required a laptop RAM- DDR3 Upgrade for the FOXCONN nT-A3700 Desktop/PC......

If you buy it from Amazon, it is $277 shipped for all three items- Price For All Three: $277.77 .....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I bought Foxconn nt-A3700 and unfortunately I'm not happy with the temperature values of CPU and GPU !

CPU & GPU is 50C with idle and 70 C with load.

I made a stress test for 2 hours and max temp was 75C !

Does anyone know about the upper and lower limits of operating temperatures provided by Foxconn?

I can spend money on a better cooling unit if there is any available also..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foxconn a37000