• 3(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
works great and fast!

is there going to be a option to have recommended movies based on previously watched movie? or is that ditched now? no probs if it is.
(2012-10-11, 15:11)krish_2k4 Wrote: works great and fast!

is there going to be a option to have recommended movies based on previously watched movie? or is that ditched now? no probs if it is.

Not ditched yet Wink
First some other things
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-10-11, 15:13)Martijn Wrote:

Not ditched yet Wink
First some other things

top stuff, one more question, read the wiki and added the <requires> code into addon.xml.
When there is an update to "service.skin.widgets" to say version 0.0.3 would i have to change the version number in the addon.xml or would it just update automatically (will the new version of service addon gets downloaded)?

Code:
<requires>
   <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>
   <import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.2"/>
</requires>

am i right in thinking the version number in the addon.xml is just the minimum version the user would need?
(2012-10-11, 15:18)krish_2k4 Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 15:13)Martijn Wrote:

Not ditched yet Wink
First some other things

top stuff, one more question, read the wiki and added the <requires> code into addon.xml.
When there is an update to "service.skin.widgets" to say version 0.0.3 would i have to change the version number in the addon.xml or would it just update automatically (the new version of service addon gets downloaded)?

Code:
<requires>
   <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>
   <import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.2"/>
</requires>
You specify minimum version you require for your skin. So you only need to update the dependency if something is added 0.0.3 and you need.
Other than that all users will just get the updates.
Just moved onto Recommended Movies but my lists are littered with completed movies - I know they're not unfinished because they start from the beginning when selected.
(2012-10-11, 16:35)Hitcher Wrote: Just moved onto Recommended Movies but my lists are littered with completed movies - I know they're not unfinished because they start from the beginning when selected.

Well i haven't adjusted my default skin i use so it's a bit hard to test sometimes.
Any chance you can share yours for testing (by PM if you prefer) or i can use T! svn
Clever way of getting hold of Alaska HD. Wink

I'll package it up and send you a PM.
(2012-10-11, 18:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 16:35)Hitcher Wrote: Just moved onto Recommended Movies but my lists are littered with completed movies - I know they're not unfinished because they start from the beginning when selected.

Well i haven't adjusted my default skin i use so it's a bit hard to test sometimes.
Any chance you can share yours for testing (by PM if you prefer) or i can use T! svn

adjusted the nox git version to the new labels now, too.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-10-11, 18:22)Hitcher Wrote: Clever way of getting hold of Alaska HD. Wink

I'll package it up and send you a PM.

Cunning way eey Wink

(2012-10-11, 18:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 18:09)Martijn Wrote:

adjusted the nox git version to the new labels now, too.

Great. Allows me to test three skins

maybe you've started watching them again?
if you can, check the bookmark table of the video db to see if those movies are listed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-10-11, 19:00)ronie Wrote:

if you can, check the bookmark table of the video db to see if those movies are listed.

But wouldn't I get asked to start from the resume point?
(2012-10-11, 19:05)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 19:00)ronie Wrote:

not sure. maybe if you've watched only a couple of seconds you won't get a resume dialog,
but they might still be listed in the db as 'in progress'

...just thinking out loud.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-10-11, 19:14)ronie Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 19:05)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 19:00)ronie Wrote: maybe you've started watching them again?

not sure. maybe if you've watched only a couple of seconds you won't get a resume dialog,
but they might still be listed in the db as 'in progress'

...just thinking out loud.

i've already seen this with episodes where you start to watch it and the play offset is still zero which why i did this

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/service.s...lt.py#L191

Question now is do we only want recommded movies with playcount == 0 ?
This can be an option but i'd rather not add it to keep confusion down and not bloat the settings
(2012-10-10, 10:10)mad-max Wrote: Yeah, that's a nice step in the right direction...
Thanks Martijn!

BTW: Will this also support smartplaylists like the randomandlastitems script from Mike?

mad-max

I hope you add every property of Mike Script if you make it.: Clin d'oeil:
I've checked the bookmark table and that only lists 13 movies whereas the recommended lists the max 20. Huh

EDIT: Doesn't this use the same start and finish cut-off points as resume?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8