• 33(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
No way of knowing and 5 seconds is unacceptable.
Maybe some future code changes in xbmc will fix this. Will keep this problem in mind.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I made some quick tests with smaller delays and with my setup 2 seconds is about the lowest. It takes +5 seconds to change the refresh rate from 24 to 60 in my setup.
This is deeply buried in xbmc. Seems the refresh rate switching holds everything locked until it's done and the net the other stuff be done like writing the values to the db.
Jsonrpc is handled in another thread so it isn't affected. So in short, no easy fix.
(2013-08-13, 23:18)Martijn Wrote: This is deeply buried in xbmc. Seems the refresh rate switching holds everything locked until it's done and the net the other stuff be done like writing the values to the db.
Jsonrpc is handled in another thread so it isn't affected. So in short, no easy fix.

Martijn, any rough ETA on clearing properties update? Hours, days, weeks?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

days Wink
(2013-08-15, 10:10)Martijn Wrote: days Wink

OK, thanks!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

A few more comments. I'm not sure if it is intentional or because of some technical issue but:

When recommended movies are selected in script settings, 0 unfinished movies will show up. Script starts "monitoring" DB from the moment settings is changed. I would expect script to fetch first 10/20 unfinished (in progress) movies immediately after recommended is selected in settings?

It is similar with TV Shows. I would expect script to fetch first 10/20 unfinished (in progress) TV Shows or first unplayed from the season, immediately after recommended is selected in settings?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

onsettings changed is only called after the settings have been saved.
(2013-08-19, 08:34)Martijn Wrote: onsettings changed is only called after the settings have been saved.

If I go to widget settings and enable recommended does that setting gets saved when I leave widget setting window?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-19, 08:39)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 08:34)Martijn Wrote: onsettings changed is only called after the settings have been saved.

If I go to widget settings and enable recommended does that setting gets saved when I leave widget setting window?

only if you click on OK. All the rest cancels the changes
(2013-08-19, 08:45)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 08:39)pecinko Wrote:

OK, I am confirming every change made to widgets with OK button so I expect settings get saved. Still, widgets is not behaving as I described above it is ignoring all items already in DB and only starts to monitor future events.

Another issue:
You leave settings to default. Recommended window properties get populated with half watched items. You then turn off recommended in settings. Recommended window properties are not cleared (as we know) so I go reboot XBMC. Now they are and everything is good. Now, if I do library scan or cut watching a movie in half, recommended properties gets populating again, regardless the fact they are now turned off in widget settings?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I receive reports about missing thumbs. Not sure if it is script or XBMC problem or something else.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1489804
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@Martijn, I posted before about this query below taking 2 minutes plus with skin widgets and basically making python unusable as it was always tied up running this query. I have since disabled skin widgets service due to this but saw this post and was wondering could you try this suggested change here or let me know what i would need to change in your code?

http://openelec.tv/forum/112-mysql-setup...uery#82913

This is the query i have an issue with and have seen others mention this as well

SELECT * FROM tvshowview WHERE (tvshowview.idShow IN (select tvshowview.idShow from tvshowview where (watchedcount > 0 AND watchedcount < totalCount) OR (watchedcount = 0 AND tvshowview.idShow IN (select episodeview.idShow from episodeview WHERE episodeview.idShow = tvshowview.idShow AND episodeview.resumeTimeInSeconds > 0))))
nothing.
i suggest they create a pull request to change/improve XBMC core as i have no intention to change the addon nor can i do anything about it.
the devs are more than busy so if some on else can fix it he should do it.
(2013-08-19, 08:52)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 08:45)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 08:39)pecinko Wrote: If I go to widget settings and enable recommended does that setting gets saved when I leave widget setting window?

OK, I am confirming every change made to widgets with OK button so I expect settings get saved. Still, widgets is not behaving as I described above it is ignoring all items already in DB and only starts to monitor future events.

Another issue:
You leave settings to default. Recommended window properties get populated with half watched items. You then turn off recommended in settings. Recommended window properties are not cleared (as we know) so I go reboot XBMC. Now they are and everything is good. Now, if I do library scan or cut watching a movie in half, recommended properties gets populating again, regardless the fact they are now turned off in widget settings?

can you try code on github? pushed some fixes

Just to be clear. Only the Title property is cleared atm
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8