Which MB for xbmc?
I am planning buy new MB for home cinema pc. I want ask you which MB is good for this pc? For me looks like good choice MB from intel - DN2800MT. But as I found, with this board is xbmc working good only under windows. Any other boards with good performance and low power consumption?

Important is miniITX platform, because I have already case from old HTPC.

Thanks

Alda
I think it depends more on the hardware you're planning to use on your mobo, than whether you want to run XBMC.

For a nice HTPC I suggest you use a mobo that can hold minimal 4GB of RAM (running at at least 1066mhz), has a PCI-e (16x) port for a decent graphics card with a HDMI-port and at least an LGA 775-port for a decent dual-core CPU. Also a SATA-connection for your HD would be preferrable.

I don't know what case you are using, but I'm very satisfied with my Asrock G41M-GS3. It's overclockable with switches on the motherboard and can be tweaked extra in the BIOS, plus AsRock's support is awesome! Here's my setup:

Asrock G41M-GS3
Corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 2x2GB RAM (running at 1066mhz)
Intel Pentium E2200 Dual Core 2.2 Ghz (running at 2.9Ghz)
Sapphire HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCI-E HDMI
Running on Windows 7 64-bit with XBMC 11.0 Eden (Aeon Nox theme)

------
Edit: added link.
TV: Panasonic L32E5
AVR: Panasonic BTT282
HTPC: Antec Fusion 430 Silver - Antec Earthwatts EA-500D Green - Asrock A75M-HVS - AMD A8-3870K - Scythe Ninja Rev. B - Kingston 2x4 GB 1866Mhz - Crucial M4 SSD 64GB - OS: Windows 8 x64
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 555
STORAGE: Synology DS211 [2TB]
GAMING: PS3 Classic 80GB
thanks, but I think this configuration will have quite big power consumption. That's why I selected DN2800MT Intel board with integrated atom CPU, because performance is enough for HD movies and power consumption is very low ( 10-15W ). But I don't know if experiences are good with this board.

One important point, that I have already casy for mini itx board 170x170mm, so asrock board is too big for me.

Alda
That is quite an important factor. Smile

The definite power consumption always lies in the power supply that you're using. Which one are you planning to use/using?
TV: Panasonic L32E5
AVR: Panasonic BTT282
HTPC: Antec Fusion 430 Silver - Antec Earthwatts EA-500D Green - Asrock A75M-HVS - AMD A8-3870K - Scythe Ninja Rev. B - Kingston 2x4 GB 1866Mhz - Crucial M4 SSD 64GB - OS: Windows 8 x64
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 555
STORAGE: Synology DS211 [2TB]
GAMING: PS3 Classic 80GB
As I found, DN2800MT has DC-DC adapter on the board so needed is only adaptor. Currently I have adaptror LP-1260, 12V, 6A.

http://www.newpowersupply.com/coming_dat...4-p-2.html

Alda

link to board :¨

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/m...800mt.html

question is if this board is good enough for xbmc or is other miniitx board better.
The question to research is if the SGX PowerVR SGX545 (aka Intel GMA 3650) GPU is supported by the flavor of XBMC you want to use. It's not for OpenELEC. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...d_Hardware.

I've built a few systems with the D2700DC (the "thick" mini-itx version) and they're good for nettops/office PC but I found them to be laggy in Windows. Turning off Aero made the experience better. The previous generation D525 felt faster in Windows, no lag and no need to turn off Aero. It *feels* like there isn't much support for the D2700, even Intel punted on the 64-bit GPU driver. IMHO, it's not really HTPC worthy but you might have a different experience with another operating system/XBMC flavor.

For power supply. it wil accept 8V-19V, up to 8A and a 5.5mm * 2.5mm connector so it looks like you are good there.

so is possible use win + xmc + DN2800MT ? aero isn't important for me.

Alda

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which MB for xbmc?0