Advice on Build
Hello ive been lurking around using the info from the site in order to get ideas for a first build and would appreciate any feedback on this proposed setup.

Silverstone ML03B Case
Be Quiet SFX 300W MicroATX PSU
Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H
AMD A6-5400K
Crucial 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz Ballistix Tactical Memory
OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD

Many Thanks, Ben
You'll also need an SFX-to-ATX bracket (sometimes also called SFX-to-PS2) for securing the power supply to the case.

I prefer the Crucial M4 64GB SSD over the OCZ based on the hit-or-miss nature of the reviews and posts I've seen in forums.

Everything else looks great.
If you'd rather not deal with installing a bracket for that PSU,...I'd suggest and use the SilverStone Strider 400W, 80 PLUS, Active PFC Power Supply ST40F-ES (Black) in that same case.
+1 for the SST-ST40F-ES. I have one in my ML03B and it fit great, and is VERY quiet
(2012-10-10, 14:31)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: If you'd rather not deal with installing a bracket for that PSU...

It's not a big deal to install the bracket -- it's four extra screws Smile.

(2012-10-10, 14:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote: You'll also need an SFX-to-ATX bracket (sometimes also called SFX-to-PS2) for securing the power supply to the case.

I prefer the Crucial M4 64GB SSD over the OCZ based on the hit-or-miss nature of the reviews and posts I've seen in forums.

Everything else looks great.

(2012-10-10, 14:31)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: If you'd rather not deal with installing a bracket for that PSU,...I'd suggest and use the SilverStone Strider 400W, 80 PLUS, Active PFC Power Supply ST40F-ES (Black) in that same case.

(2012-10-10, 15:29)Arkitket Wrote: +1 for the SST-ST40F-ES. I have one in my ML03B and it fit great, and is VERY quiet

+1 on all said.... as you can see on amazon most frequently bought are the ml03b and the strider...

Wow, great advice. Thanks to everyone! excited to get started!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on Build0