Need inexpensive XBMC compatible media box
Since 2006, I've been using XBMC through my xbox 1. But since I've finally retired my old CRT television and got a 720p/1080i flat panel, I want a media box that's compatible with XBMC and can handle HD. I haven't been keeping up with development so I don't have a clue as to what my best options are. I've done some research and see that many people are recommending things like HTPC's and Nettops but I don't really want to fool around with those. I just want to find something cheap I can get straight off the shelve and hack it (if necessary) to run XBMC. I remember hearing that Apple TV can do the Job, but is that the only game in town or are there other better options?
http://www.pivosgroup.com/xios.html seems to be offering a bit more (like 1080p) and there are some XBMC devs along for the ride.
Ive had a xios for about a month now, Its no speed demon but its pretty damn good for what it is and the price is right also.
You can go with raspberry pi or. I like appletv v1 with crystalbuntu more.
The xios is real nice go with one of those, use the xbmc/linux firmware on it.
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. The xios looks really nice I'm looking into that now, but I just remembered that XBMC will be compatible with the OUYA device right? It was even announced on the official blog here. I was planning on getting one anyways, so do you think I should just wait until it's released? Since both the OUYA and the XIOS can run XBMC there really isn't any point in buying them both of them. Right? Plus with the OUYA I get a Tegra 3 which should be faster than a Cortex A9 w/ Mali-400.

What do you guys think? I heard some people saying that the Ouya won't support things like 10bit video or ac3 audio, but I don't really mind because I have no intentions of using either.
Ouya will not see the light of day until after May/April 2013.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need inexpensive XBMC compatible media box0