• 12(current)
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)
(2012-11-08, 01:17)MassIV Wrote: What i never understood is why seasons is done the way it is. On the one hand, yeah seasons is a step between show and episode. But i think it is better to send people straight to titles or episodes instead of seasons or a window to choose a genre. Most used = first place. To me it would make more sense to have the seasons list and episodes list in the same screen. In a dropdown, or side menu, like how Confluence starts PVR (directly visible), or a button with a popup. So seasons is just an extra on episodes. Just something that crossed my mind a few times.

please no.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Angel
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-11-08, 01:17)MassIV Wrote: What i never understood is why seasons is done the way it is. On the one hand, yeah seasons is a step between show and episode. But i think it is better to send people straight to titles or episodes instead of seasons
you can skip the season list, if that's what you're after:
settings > videos > flatten tv shows
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No, i know that. A nice work around :p
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-11-08, 00:25)jmarshall Wrote: It was intentional, primarily because it's easy to change tvshow stuff - much harder to do so for seasons (no season info).

Ok. Well, if it's ever a possibility in the future, please consider it. In flattened lists it's particularly nice to have.

BTW, really appreciate all the work on this. Now I won't have to answer questions about squashed images every other day Tongue
(2012-10-30, 16:56)Hitcher Wrote: Working via the context menu but using the 'choose art' from video info sets the TV show images not season ones.

(2012-10-30, 22:46)jmarshall Wrote: Thanks - there's no official "season" support in the info dialog, so it doesn't really surprise me if it doesn't necessarily show up correctly - the context menu stuff will stay in either way, so not a problem IMO.

In that case can button 10 be disabled at season level to avoid any user confusion as to what image they're actually setting?

I tried this at skin level but Container.Content(seasons) isn't valid from the video info dialog.
ListItem.Art(season.poster) and ListItem.Art(season.banner) stopped working for video info dialog at season level recently (not sure when yet) but they still work at episode level.
This was deliberate, yes. When you go to Video Info at the season level you actually just get the show information (it's labelled TV Show Information in the UI for this reason).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK, but seeing as ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster) & ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner) are available at season level, and ListItem.Art(banner) & ListItem.Art(poster) show the actual season images, shouldn't it also be this way in the video info dialog?

As it is now ListItem.Art(banner) & ListItem.Art(poster) then show the tvshow images and ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster) and ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner) are empty.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.
The video info dialog does not support seasons. When you go to Information it's the TV Show Information. It's always been that way, just there was a bug that didn't correctly update the type of item from season->show. i.e. it worked by accident, but was inconsistent, in that the Choose Art stuff updated the art of the tvshow, not the season (while showing art for the season instead of show).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

JM when you have the time can you give a look on this ?

Cheers
Nessus
@jonathan Understood, thanks.

@nessus As I said in that thread they're exactly the same and still working fine for me.
(2012-11-14, 19:42)Hitcher Wrote: @nessus As I said in that thread they're exactly the same and still working fine for me.

Nessus is correct, LatestEpisode.*.ShowThumb is empty now which should not be the case I guess. Problem could be that tv shows have no thumb, so item->GetArt("tvshow.thumb") has to be item->GetArt("tvshow.poster").

Sorry, I thought he meant all images.
I'll add a fallback from tvshow.thumb -> tvshow.poster.

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)2