Skin control [use posters instead of banners] Removed, now what?
This commit https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6c7b...bb1f086000 bottom commit, removes

Code:
-msgctxt "#31123"
-msgid "Use \"Posters\" instead of \"Banners\" for TV Shows"
-msgstr ""

-

Now there is no way (that I can see) to define this behaviour (globally), if choose art only the fanart/thumb have art you can browse remotely everything else poster/banner] is blank/local no art available from remote to download.

Its slightly jarring not having access to remote art in all choices or a way to predefine what type art poster/banner you want globally.

If there is let me know, thx.
you don't need to.
There are separate labels now for banner and poster
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Indeed all the views are now visible and just fill with what ever thumb type they require

BUT... it may need a database scrape for it too work 100%
I see the separate labels but they do not populate with anything. and I really dont want to do this 1 by one (which is what I have to do now in most cases specially file view)

So, Jezz_X, I have to delete database and rescrape everything (that's a lot of work perhaps a week or more) not everything scrapes the correct data (~10% of movies are getting 1960's art/cover), and in file view the per season cover (this is the worst) which is automatically available in library in file view is just a folder and they all need assigning manually which is a pita. Atm its all assigned... is there a way to avoid all this?
You need the new tvdb scraper jm posted in the other thread about art to make it work
thx for that after a while I found the scraper. (the version on the scraper needs reviewing but you guys probably know that already) idk If I should be posting any of this in that topic instead, sorry.

Now that I managed to refresh information for all series the poster and banner fields are populated (not for movies wont refresh content) and can get alternative art for each. Nice that each view is now populated with correct art, fantastic!

However (this is not a moan just observations about the discrepancies), and I haven't the clew how to fix it nor where the problem is to patch it up.

File mode>series (take a pick on any series name) No thumb/art/fanart/poster/nbanner/anyother_art, only the blue folder in any view
  • Season 1 (file mode=shows folder library mode shows art)
  • etc (depends on how many seasons per series) same for all seasons.

In any view there is no art per season, cannot select a season thumb (there's no such option in that context menu in file mode) all you get is the default confluence folder (not ideal as we looking to have same art in file mode as we see in library mode)

Movie information choose art one of the selections (poster) does not populate, even after refreshing content/rescraping

Videos>library>recently added episode is a different issue, it should ( I think) display "season_name_season_number_episode_number_episode_tittle" e.g. house_1x2_madeuptittle You can only get

SD and HD flags aren't shown anymore in any views

There's other issues but these are the ones I could remember.

thanks for hard work in advance.

XBMC (12.0-ALPHA7 Git:20121013-407b515), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu)

Please open a new topic with the issues you observe CLEARLY stated (the above is a jumble that I don't have time to attempt to make sense of). Include screenshots if that is helpful to you to explain the issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-13, 23:06)jmarshall Wrote: Please open a new topic with the issues you observe CLEARLY stated (the above is a jumble that I don't have time to attempt to make sense of). Include screenshots if that is helpful to you to explain the issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Done here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142748

Hope that is clearer, sorry for jumbling Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin control [use posters instead of banners] Removed, now what?0