Howto? Media mapping server for raspbmc
Hi all,
I have a media server installed with nfs shares for movies,series, music etc
next I have a raspberry with raspbmc installed, and I mounted the nfs shares so that the location of the media is the same on the server as the rasp (/media/movies etc)
next I Installed mysql-server and configured the rasp to connect to the server mysql for its library
so I have a sync. Library
Now I want the server to add any found media to the db, instead of the rasp
the server is only hooked into the network and has no gui, or monitor hooked to it.
So is it possible to acchieve this?
Or not?

Thx for any help regarding this matter
Possible, but a little complicated (though people are working that). See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132919
Ok that has potential, so basicly you're required to install xbmc with a monitor connected, configure everything, and remove the monitor, and work like that...
well if it works it works,

But I've been noticing a new problem, and I have no real idea what is triggering it.
A few weeks ago I had raspbmc RC4 installed on my raspberry, and connected to my media server through nfs shares, and it all worked like a charm, I could see everything it had downloaded, and I could remove watched episodes.

then, 1 night, I come home, turn on the rasp, and it starts updating xbmc, and as a result it got stuck in the "one moment please" loop with the white screen.
I formated and reinstalled my SD card, but with raspbmc RC5 this time, and xbmc updated again. ever since then, I get frequent timeouts on my nfs shares, as well as infinite loading screens when I try to play specific media.

I've reinstalled several times since then, but without any result.
I could boot the rasp up, detect new media, navigate there and play something. Afterwards when I navigate to another media file, it would hang on the loading screen.
and sometimes it won't even load the first file. It isn't file specific either because I've been able and unable to play the same file at different times.

Xbmc has a lot more trouble now to show the fan art as well (I have the "fanart wide banner view" for TV Shows)

Am I the only one with this problem? or does it occur to others as well? and does anyone know a solution for this problem?
If any more information is needed to locate the problem, do ask, and I'll try to explain myself more clearly

Thx in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Howto? Media mapping server for raspbmc0