7mc WTV large files fail
(2014-03-24, 18:01)toadleyb Wrote: It is reaching the end of the 60 second timeout and then the spinner disappears and I am right back at the menu I selected it from. In this case the recorded tv list. I just timed it right at 60 seconds.

Okay, I'll increase the timeout in the next update.

I did find where the time is spent. The wtv demuxer (in ffmpeg) has an O(N^2) loop for populating the seek index which means for large files it gets very very slow.
I need to understand it a little more, but it looks possible to replace that with something much faster.

(I can just comment the code out, and large files open in a few seconds, and the file plays, but the duration is incorrect and you can't seek).
Thanks again for all the help and time you put into this problem.
I've got a patch:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...49ad0203fe

that should appear in next milhouse or miappa build.
It's a bit to hard to tell what the original code was doing, but I think my code does the same thing but much faster. Let me know if there are any problems.
This fast open of wtv files patch is now in miappa (raspbmc) and milhouse (openelec) builds. Can you test and report?
Fantastic popcornmix! The files I was having trouble with load very fast now. Great job. Wish I understood how to develop.

Thanks again.
@popcornmix please don't get hired by ffmpeg when you upstream that awesomeness of a patch Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, it works fine. :-)
Forgive my stupidity, but how do i apply the patch?
Do i copy and paste the lines of code to lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/wtvdec.c ?
If so, what program do i use to open?
I'm using a raspberry pi running openelec. Tried going to the update section under system, to see if it would apply automatically, but it says it is already up to date. Still hangs on some .wtv files.
It is in latest openelec gotham beta:
http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announ...7-released
This problem seems to be have come back for the Helix release on Raspbmc. I had no problems before but now like the original poster, I cannot play WTV files larger than 3GB, meaning that I can only watch some of my files via Raspbmc. Is there any way the original fix for this can be re-released for Helix? Or is it possible to update/edit FFMPEG manually to workaround this problem?
I'm running Kodi Helix on a Raspberry Pi with OpenElec 5.0

This problem was fixed for me when I upgraded to Gotham - Frodo was the only one which did't work with large WTV files.

Helix plays them fine for me - I've no idea what they fixed...
Thanks for the reply archie456, I am not sure what is happening then. It was fine until the new update for Raspbmc on the 24th December, since then I have this problem and it sounds very similar to the old problem, i.e. UK Freeview recordings on Windows 7 and files larger than 3GB. I just get a black screen after quite a while of 'Working' with the appearance of playing but no sound or video.

This is from the log when I try and play the file.

Code:
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: Open - avformat_find_stream_info starting
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AC314440]: [wtv] Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: mp2 (P[0][0][0] / 0x0050), 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16p, 256 kb/s): unspecified frame size
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AC314440]: [wtv] Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AC314440]: [wtv] Could not find codec parameters for stream 2 (Audio: mp2 (P[0][0][0] / 0x0050), 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16p, 256 kb/s): unspecified frame size
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AC314440]: [wtv] Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AC314440]: [wtv] Could not find codec parameters for stream 3 (Video: mpeg2video, 704x480): unspecified pixel format
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AC314440]: [wtv] Could not find codec parameters for stream 4 (Video: mjpeg): unspecified size
15:35:34 T:2888909888   DEBUG: Open - av_find_stream_info finished

Is there a way of increasing those values?

When the programmes are converted to a .ts file, they play fine and open almost instantly but obviously I don't want to do this with every programme/movie.
Sorry - I cant help you on that, I'd submit a bug report.

When I had this issue I use MCE Buddy - https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/

Its very good and watches the recorded TV folder and automatically transcodes it, it also removes the ads.

Not a fix, but a good work around the problem...
(2015-01-12, 18:32)pablo180 Wrote: Thanks for the reply archie456, I am not sure what is happening then. It was fine until the new update for Raspbmc on the 24th December, since then I have this problem and it sounds very similar to the old problem, i.e. UK Freeview recordings on Windows 7 and files larger than 3GB. I just get a black screen after quite a while of 'Working' with the appearance of playing but no sound or video.

This is from the log when I try and play the file.

How long does it take from trying to play the file to getting the fail? 30 seconds?
(2015-01-12, 23:13)popcornmix Wrote: How long does it take from trying to play the file to getting the fail? 30 seconds?

I've timed about ten items that won't play, the time from when I press play to when it appears to play but there is just a black screen is about 32-33 seconds. None were more than 35 seconds. It seems to be sliding scale. Files less than 1GB play in a few seconds, more than 1GB and it takes about 20 seconds. The closer to 3GB the file size is, the closer to 32-33s the timer gets before it plays, until the 3GB+ ones just don't play at all.

I'm sure that before the update they all used to play in under 10 seconds.

I've tried completely uninstalling FFMPEG and reinstalling it, but that didn't make any difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
7mc WTV large files fail 0