UPnP broken
UPnP broke a little bit since about the 7th/8th October 2012

Before that, both OpenELEC (r12050) and XBian (0.8.1 BETA) worked with UPnP sources fine

Since that date (OpenELEC r12055 and XBIAN 0.8.2), UPnP still shows a list of movies, directors, producers, TV series etc, however, no playable files are shown in any selection - even if I navigate the UPnP source through the "Folders", I can see all the folders, and sub-folders, but no actual files!
Sorry for the language ... got your attention though
You certainly are the only one that will get banned for language .... Edit your post
Heh. For the OP: Once you've taken a breather, gotten some patience (this is an international forum - bumping your post in 3 hours is seen as rude), you'll notice that a bunch of changes to the UPnP stuff has gone in over the last week. Things should be a bit more stable now, so grab something from the 13th or later.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-14, 12:52)amet Wrote: You certainly are the only one that will get banned for language .... Edit your post

awww? do you have sand in your undies? Oh, wait, you have sand everywhere

(2012-10-14, 23:14)jmarshall Wrote: Heh. For the OP: Once you've taken a breather, gotten some patience (this is an international forum - bumping your post in 3 hours is seen as rude), you'll notice that a bunch of changes to the UPnP stuff has gone in over the last week. Things should be a bit more stable now, so grab something from the 13th or later.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Sorry about the impatience ... I was looking forward to a night of pr0n on my big screen (kidding)

Hopefully OpenELEC or XBian will update soon - I rely on them, because building for RPi from source is painful

Edit: Well I checked the Commit History of XBMC since the 13th. The only mention of UPnP is the fix so XBMC doesn't crash if you are a complete n00b, and enable UPnP with no network connection. I see XBMC has to cater for the lowest common denominator of clueless user.

I wont bother submitting a ticket on the bug tracker, as this is a support forum, and I've reported the problem here - hence, problem reported - now the waiting game for a fix
One week timeout. Don't be such an arse, and maybe people will care to help you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK ... long week, UPnP is still broken in Raspberry Pi XBMC - any E.T.A. on a fix for this?
(2012-10-22, 01:32)jaromanda Wrote: OK ... long week, UPnP is still broken in Raspberry Pi XBMC - any E.T.A. on a fix for this?

for starters grab a full Debug Log and try browsing the upnp lists and paste it on pastebin.com and post the link
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
there are no UPnP errors in the debug log - if there were, I'd have pointed out which line of code needs fixin

edit: just downloading the XBMC code now ... I'll see if I can spot the problem

edit 2: hour later ... finally finished downloading about 20 minutes ago (slow connection today) ... got a couple likely suspects ... will test it* out when I get home, when I find the solution, should I post it here, or on the git suppository?

*test it = check to see that any code changes do not have an adverse effect on the functionality of the system
I experience the Upnp problem too. I'm trying to get Plexbmc to work. It allows me to navigate but won't play any video. I read somewhere on another forum that XBMC Rc5 for the raspberry pi has broken the SkyGo plugin on which Plexbmc is based on.

On another hand, PlayOn works like a charm.
Been testing a bunch, folders are shown, but not files.
Tested, and have the issue in:
XBMCbuntu (IBM-PC =P )
RaspBMC (Raspberry Pi)
OpenElec (Raspberry Pi)
Xbian (Raspberry Pi)

Can't say when but I noticed the issues ~10days ago. What ever release that was =P
It works here under openelec files and thumbnails and I can stream it to another pi or android devices. Maybe you need to refresh the library...
Can stream perfectly to the Pi, however, can't see any files on it, only folders.
To exclude any upnp issues in Win7 (Where all my clips are), I booted up the Xbox360, and everything works there.
So the issue is in XBMC. (or was)
What version of XBMC is it you are using? (and version of OpenElec)

(Through smb, it has no issues, nor any other net.p what I know of. Only upnp).
just upgraded to the lastest openElec image 12253 i can stream from win7 xbmc eden to the pi and from the pi to xbmc eden win7.
it's not the stream, it's the upnp shared from other devices that's not shown in xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP broken2