• 37(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
@Aaron thanks for your response. I've had a look at your file listing and found at least one problematic directoryname. Maybe your original had more of them and they caused tmm to drive crazy. Nevertheless Myron added some more validation checks, that such a problem won't happen again Wink Thanks for your assistance

@nerve sorry, I didn't have time to have a look at your problem again. It's really weird (with thousands of other users, I've never heard from such a problem..) - but I hope you can live with the workaround until we find a solution.
No prob for me, it work and that's the essential !
Thank's for all your works and supports !
after 1,5 months and about 200 commits we are proud to announce

tinyMediaManger v2.5

Changes:
feature: completely reworked the TV show panel (including a new panel for seasons - http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.ph...w-section/ )
feature: completely reworked the (movie) filter panel and added a filter panel for TV shows (see http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.ph...er_panels/ )
feature: added movie filters: datasource, missing metadata, missing artwork, missing subtitles, new movies
feature: added TV show filters: datasource, cast member, missing metadata, missing artwork, missing subtitles, new episodes
feature: added possibility to hide several columns in the movie table
feature: experimental support for AniDB scraper
feature: added fanart.tv for TV shows
feature: added imdb top 250
feature: added producers
feature: added an ASCII cleaner for the renamer
feature: added "bad words" to the movie importer
feature: possibility to get the runtime from media files rather than scraper
feature: added some settings for the TV show renamer
feature/fix: reworked tagging of TV shows and episodes
fix: many enhancements to the "update datasources" and database engine -> tmm is much faster now with large databases
fix: some fixes and preventions to the "update datasources" engine
fix: many memory optimizations (tmm now uses less memory)
fix: when renaming an actor, the actor thumb also gets renamed
fix: several issues/problems with the renamer
fix: artwork naming for DVD/BR images
fix: adapted scaling factor of the tmm window - now it should fit on lower screens nicely
fix: crash at startup with invalid locales
fix: crash when searching for a movie set is fixed with themoviedbapi 3.9
fix: NFO parsing of xbmc-youtube plugin urls
fix: externalized some more string (better translations)
fix: several fixes to the TV show renamer
translations: added spain (thx to roliverosc), italian (thx to peppe_sr), korean (thx to piodio), norwegian (thx to roandr); completed fr (thx to nerve)

thx to all who helped us for this version!
14.01.2014 - version 2.5.1
x fixed a problem where mediainfo could not be loaded
x fixed a database loading problem
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
1) at the moment we (internally) only use the plot; the outline in the NFOs is a stripped down (iirc 200 chars) version of the plot. If you have a look at the API of tmdb (http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io/#movies) you see that tmdb is only using "overview" - which would be the outline in your case.
BUT: taking the plot/outline from IMDB has some drawbacks: they are poorly maintained (almost no translations to other languages). That's why I included the option to take the plot from tmdb.

When we start to mix these 2 things (first of all we would have to implement to whole infrastructure for outline) - how should we decide when to use what? E.g. if we use imdb with the tmdb option, the plot comes from imdb whereas the outline comes from tmdb. That's true for EN, but a German user won't be happy with it because the plot from imdb will be empty in most cases.
When we decide to take everything from tmdb, we have to fill the plot and outline from tmdb.

I hope you see why that's is not that trivial...

2) we already plan to implement such a "source" concept. But we did not finish our strategy how to detect/maintain the source(s). Btw: I don't think it's enough to take all "rips" - we should also implement dvdscr, ts, (any maybe more).

at the moment I can say tmm is safe to use (as we have several thousand users and only 1 reported problem with renaming Wink ).
But you should consider doing a BACKUP. Maybe tmm doesn't destroy your lib, a hardware defect or even a corrupt filesystem can do. If your movie library is something worth for you - DO A BACKUP! and one more thing: a NAS is NOT a BACKUP!!
hi, thx for program, very cool!

Just one (big) problem: when i change some information in TMM (for example fanart), i can see that the .jpg in my movie folder is correctly update.. but when i start XBMC (even if i update my library) that information doesn't change!

Can you help me??

Sorry for my poor english Smile
Hi,
XBMC does not do an update.
You have to remove/delete this movie from XBMC and then do an update again...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thx for fast replay! I try to explain better what i've done

Yesterday i try in this way:

- in TMM i change the fanart
- in the folder, the fanart jpg was update.
- start XBMC and remove from the movie from my film
- update library
- XBMC find the movie but the fanart was the PREVIOUS one, there's no way to see the NEW one
afaik xbmc builds an image/thumb cache. Maybe there is a need to clear the cache for the desired movies.
to be honest: I have no clue how Smile
Hi I have a suggestion for next version ...

- Possibility to manually rename both folder and files from TMM. Sometimes I had to rename a folder or file and I had to re-scan the entire database. similar to what is done emberMM.

- Ability to physically delete files and folders on the disc. I think it useful to filter duplicates and when I see that it is duplicate I can delete from TMM.

- Be able to preview the image full screen. On occasion can not tell that language are the posters, for example by double clicking on the images before selecting them. This would be interesting for all times we select images.

- To edit tag for files MKV Rofl

- Ability to download trailers

Nothing you already work for a while LaughTongue

PD: I like new update
Question 
Hi,

first i want to thank you for this great tool!

I have one problem with my current setup:
Currently i have 2 main directories:
* Movies - this directory contains all movies which have now movie set - means all movies are in the same directory
eg: \movies\
Movie1.mkv,Movie1.nfo,Movie2.mkv ....
* Moviesets - here i have for each movie set one single directory:
eg: \moviesets\Alien\
Alien1.mkv, Alien1.nfo, Alien2.mkv ....
\moviesets\Rocky\
Rocky1.mkv, Rocky1.nfo ...
For most of the movies i already have existing pinctures, nfo's...

Problem:
Basically for 'Movies' everythink is working fine but for 'Moviesets' the nfo is not interprated correctly - for example the plot and other informations are missing! If i copy some movies into the 'Movies' directory the nfo is inteprated correctly!
Quote:2014-02-04 22:28:07,799 DEBUG [tmmpool-update-thread-1] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:339 - Checking for multi-movie dir; parsing all video files in E:\moviesets\Alien
2014-02-04 22:28:07,800 DEBUG [tmmpool-update-thread-1] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:350 - WOOT - we have a multi movie directory: E:\moviesets\Alien
2014-02-04 22:28:07,811 DEBUG [tmmpool-update-thread-1] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:262 - Create new movie from file: E:\moviesets\Alien\Alien 1.720p.DirectorsCut.mkv
2014-02-04 22:28:07,812 DEBUG [tmmpool-update-thread-1] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:652 - NOT adding unknown media file type: Alien 1.720p.DirectorsCut.nfo
2014-02-04 22:28:07,813 DEBUG [tmmpool-update-thread-1] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:620 - parsing poster Alien 1.720p.DirectorsCut-poster.jpg
2014-02-04 22:28:07,813 DEBUG [tmmpool-update-thread-1] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:630 - parsing fanart Alien 1.720p.DirectorsCut-fanart.jpg
[/php]

Any Idea how to solve this?

I also have 1 request - is there any way to also export TV shows (html, xml)?

THANKS again for a great tool
lg
AL
Has anyone experienced this issue? The GUI seems to be enlarged with wrong proportions... Resizing the window does not help as well as reinstalling TMM and Java. The correct elements start to appear on mouse hover. Thanks for any help. Image below:

@roliverosc: renaming / deleting files (except the built in functions in the renamer) would be a critical function; I may sleep 1 or 2 (or more) nights over this Wink
full screen preview is available with v2.5.2 - but only for existing images. In the imagechooser I've to find another way to implement this
tagging mkv files is not as easy as writing xml/nfo files.. we need another tool which merges the xml (with the tags) into the mkv. We have already some contact with a guy from mediaportal, but this is not high rated on our todo list..
download trailers is still on the todo list - it is not easy to implement a "download manager" into tmm - which is needed for long running downloads ;/

@al15: looks like some sort of bug; I'll investigate this the next days
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
@smidra: unfortunately I've never seen such a problem. But since everything is drawn wrong I can't imagine it is a problem of tmm/java. could you maybe try to install the latest graphics drivers (I've read sometimes about bad rendering when there is a bad graphics driver installed)
@al15: fixed it in 2.5.2; exporting for tv shows isn't done yet
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7