• 38(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
THANKS will test!

AL
Hi sgsin,

two additional request:
* can you also display the file name inside the movie scraping dialog (currently you show the folder but as you know my movies are in one flat folder...)?
* is there any way to also add the folder and file name optional to the main view (also sortable)

Thanks
lg
Alois
(2014-02-05, 20:15)mlaggner Wrote: @smidra: unfortunately I've never seen such a problem. But since everything is drawn wrong I can't imagine it is a problem of tmm/java. could you maybe try to install the latest graphics drivers (I've read sometimes about bad rendering when there is a bad graphics driver installed)

Thank you for pointing out the direction I should investigate. Updating the drivers did not help. I am working over remote desktop with the PC in question and the error is exactly like this one: http://superuser.com/questions/388918/ja...-squashing

A user claims that "-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false" fixed it for him. I am a total java n00b. Is this something I execute in the Java console? Or does it belong in the config file?

I have sent a donation to support your work, the TMM is a great thing, please keep it up!
could you try to create a file called extra.txt in the tmm install dir (next to the getdown.txt) and put in the following line

Code:
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

after that try to restart tmm
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2014-02-07, 11:55)mlaggner Wrote: could you try to create a file called extra.txt in the tmm install dir (next to the getdown.txt) and put in the following line

Code:
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

after that try to restart tmm

The problem is fixed! Fantastic Smile Thanks a lot for your kind help.
you found the solution yourself - I've just pointed you where to put the setting Big Grin
(2014-02-06, 23:40)al15 Wrote: * can you also display the file name inside the movie scraping dialog (currently you show the folder but as you know my movies are in one flat folder...)?
ok, sounds reasonable - done Smile

(2014-02-06, 23:40)al15 Wrote: * is there any way to also add the folder and file name optional to the main view (also sortable)
The main table you mean?
It is only designed to list all your *movies* - independent if there are in a directory or not, or have multiple files or not.
A movie can easily consists of 15-20 files, and thats what the mediafiles tab is for.
Can you tell me an use case/example, for what you need that in the (a) table? To better understand your request...

br
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
07.02.2014 - version 2.5.2
+ added a lightbox effect, when clicking on an artwork in the movie/movie set/tv show panel (see http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.ph...w-lightbox)
+ updated mediainfo libs
+ (movie) when removing the last movie from a movie set, the movie set is also removed
+ (movie) added filter for certifications
+ (movie) added option to fall back to another scraper when not search result has been found
+ (TV show) added episodeguide to the TV show nfo
+ (movie) added languages (spoken languages) to the nfo
+ (TV show) added function to rename complete seasons
+ (movie) added double click event (in the table) to open the movie editor
+ (movie) added a better unwatched logo
+ added comments to the NFO
+ added movie filename to the movie chooser dialog (for better support of multi movie dirs)
x when renaming TV shows, some episode paths still pointed to the old path
x sometimes changing movie/TV show artwork wasn't updated internally
x better renaming of TV show disc images
x improved performance when removing multiple movies
x some inconsistances with linking of movies and moviesets
x in movie/TV show chooser - prevent strange behaviour when changing the scraper while another search is active
x added producers also to the nfo
x changed TV show - certification settings (thetvdb only provides US certs..)
x prevent some exceptions when renaming/filtering TV shows
x parsing of multi movie dirs
x wrong saving of the tmdb id since 2.5.1
THANKS
(2014-02-07, 18:43)myron Wrote:
(2014-02-06, 23:40)al15 Wrote: * can you also display the file name inside the movie scraping dialog (currently you show the folder but as you know my movies are in one flat folder...)?
ok, sounds reasonable - done Smile

(2014-02-06, 23:40)al15 Wrote: * is there any way to also add the folder and file name optional to the main view (also sortable)
The main table you mean?
It is only designed to list all your *movies* - independent if there are in a directory or not, or have multiple files or not.
A movie can easily consists of 15-20 files, and thats what the mediafiles tab is for.
Can you tell me an use case/example, for what you need that in the (a) table? To better understand your request...

br

Hi wow -super fast service - THANKS!!!

regarding the optional view functionality:
* you may remember my filestructer i have a folder called moviesets and for each set i have one folder inside - with the view option to display and sort for folders i could easely manage my filesets (but for sure i am maybe the only one who has a file structure like this so no priority on that)
* for the filename - i am not sure if its really needed for your graet manager tool but before i used a lot of other managers and sometimes the movie found has nothing to do with the real movie - i use filenames like this: moviename.specialedition.year.mediasource.resolution.audio which for me clearly identivy my movie with a option to show it next to the filename in the manager it would be a good option to identify wrong movies or special editions..

Also 3 new ideas:

* you currently have a date which shows when the movie was added to the manager - which is great but sometime you need to reinstall or a new full scan .-) would it be possible to add maybe additional the original date readed out from the file (creation date)? For sure also in comination with the great filter functions :-)

* is there any idea to allow inside edit - means on the right side you have currently a read only area and you have to double click to modify .. more confinient would be to alow at least for some fields direct edit - like the flag for watched or the movie set - for sure with a need for a save button...

* movie sets again :-) - here you currently allow only to choose a movieset which was created first - i think an good function would be to alow typing in the field with the possibility so see below the best matches in the existings sets and a button to simply add the new keyword as new set..

* and again.. optional display movieset in main view

* inside the scrap dialog 3 fields would be helpful:
- title: prefilled with the title of the selected found match but overwriteable
- movie set: as descriped above
- watched flag

Some bug:
* movie set:
- if you edit a movie set and get the id the plot is not readed
- if you edit a movie set and choose a picture - click save its not saved

THANKS
lg
AL
(2013-07-17, 06:43)alspoll Wrote: add the <displayseason> & <displayepisode> tags (This allows specials to be displayed in the proper place. It pulls from the TVDBs Airs After Season & Airs Before Episode fields.)

Bumping an old request to add these 2 tags to the tv show episode editor...

TIA,

AL
@alspoll: I did not forget your posts, but at the moment my spare time is completely filled with family and some refactoring of tmm (for cleaner code, cleaner UI).
some points sound reasonable, but expanding the list view will fill up extremely much space -> the details pane (right side) will be unuseable on lower resolutions.. I do not know if I will implement this..
for the other suggestions - I will have a look at it... later Big Grin as I mentioned before, my spare time is low and implementing all the open points on our ideas/to do list would take until summer/autumn already Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
This looks like a good replacement for Ember but I have some feedback :

The layout of the program do not follow Windows standard, maybe this is becouse its meant for other platforms as well but let my point it out :

1. ? as a menu choise is not good, why not place all information about you and your application under a menu called About?
2. Tools should have a shortcut to the settings tab (I did acctually miss the settings tab the first time)
3. Why have a menu named tinyMediaManager with only a exit dropdown button? Closing the program are by standard(Windows) top right cornor(cross). It just feels strange to have a menu choise that says nothing of its content and then just have one choise in the dropdown?
Thansk for your feedback - much appreciated Smile

1) you're right. Since we only have one item there, we might change that. (we have currently no other thing to add there anyway :p)
2) alerady changed in next release
3) right, we moved the "settings" already there, so it might stay in Smile

GUI design is also planned for a completely rework... but that takes some releases....v3 or up Big Grin
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2014-02-17, 11:32)myron Wrote: Thansk for your feedback - much appreciated Smile

1) you're right. Since we only have one item there, we might change that. (we have currently no other thing to add there anyway :p)
2) alerady changed in next release
3) right, we moved the "settings" already there, so it might stay in Smile

GUI design is also planned for a completely rework... but that takes some releases....v3 or up Big Grin

Good work! This seems to be a great pice of software.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7