• 39(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
19.02.2014 - Version 2.5.3
+ activated SWT loading for all platforms (see http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.ph...er-dialog/ ). To activate the native file dialogs, put the proper swt.jar for your system from the eclipse project into the lib folder
x some crashes within the TMDB scraper
x a database inconsistency with renamed episodes (if you still have some weird behavior with TV shows, try to remove and readd the TV shows)
x sometimes artwork did not get downloaded/displayed
x display high res fanart before the thumbs in the artwork panel
languages: added russian (incomplete)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
it just updated to 2.5.3 and my tv show and movieset names are not appearing now see image

weird.. did they appear normal in 2.5.2?
your screen looks.. other than mine Smile the tabs on the left are definitely too big either..
which OS/Java version do you use? (and thus rendering of the swing components are done in the GPU - do you have actual drivers for it installed?)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Hi,

I have gone from Ember to TinyMediaManager and so far it looks like a good fit. This is what I like :

1. Really fast!
  2. Downloads all meta data without going through the process of choosing what fan art and posters to use
  3. Easy to fetch metadata based on a specific language
  4. Did I say fast?
  5. Nice layout of the lists
  6. Flexible settings
  7. And so on

I do however have some suggestions :

1. Be able to remove selected movie/series/episods from database and filesystem in one click (with a confirmation dialog), should not have to be that advanced.
    yes, already in development Smile
    --
  2. Be able to open the the physical location(on disk) of the selected movie/series/episode (right click menu)
    yes, already in development. Currently you could click a link on the movie information panel.
    --
  3. Remove menu choises that are inlogical for the current row. Example Search & Scrape selected TV Show(s) when the menu is on a episode row
    this is a little bit tricky to do, since the menu is global and does not know that we are on a episode or season
    --
  4. Remove ? menu and place all about you under a About dropdown.
    noted.
    --
  5. Remove menu tinyMediaManager, it says nothing about the content and a exist button are already existing on the windows
    we already movied the "settings" there, and another menu option. I guess, this stays in for now.
    --
  6. When I have added new media(movies/episodes/series) and do a datasource update it is not clear exacly what movies/episodes/series that have been added? I have to look for it my self and if its a lot of episodes for different series I can easly miss some. A suggestions would be a extra tab (New Media(35)) the tab could simple be invisiable when there is 0 media waiting for metadata.
    All new files are marked in green (until restart). And you could use the filter for filtering the new items
    --
  7. Option to automatic fetch metadata for new episodes if we already have metadata for the series. I know that it could fetch wrong meta some times if the episode do not have correct format but this happens (me) rarely. Maybe a list of automatic media that have been automatic fetched could be pressented so it would be easy to see if it is correct.
    have to think about that
    --
  8. When a row(movie/series/episode) is selected I should be able to hit a letter so the sellection jumps to the first row(movie/series/episode) with that letter (as all lists works in other programs)
    Hotkey support is still planned. Noted.
    --
  9. One click to refresh datasource for all media(movies/series), now it seemse like I have to switch between TV shows and Movies and run update datasource on both manually.
    Sounds reasonable. Noted.
    --
  10. The search works fine but I suspect that in some cases it can be hard to find the correct movie/series to map and in these cases it would be great to just set the ID direcly for example : tt1232829 for 21 Jump Street
    You can enter the IDs into the searchbox. This works for movies, but I'm not sure if this works for the TvDB. TBC.
    --
  11. The tab system should be horizontal, why? its easier to read, easier to manuver and finally Microsoft seems to have horizontal in all there menus (yes I know that this software is not just for Windows)
    GUI redesign already in place. Takes some time, though.
    --
  12. A easy and fast way to set wathced on movie/series/episode maby a command like Shift + W
    Hotkeys already on to-do list Smile
    --

Hehe yes I know that it is a lot of work, I am a developer my self so I know Wink And I understand If you dont feel that some of the suggestions would fit in, its after all your application and you do what you want with it. Im only suggestion how the it could be even better. Me, tkaing the time to write this down to you should suggest that I really see big potential in your software Smile

Great Work!

1. Nice!
  2. Thanks, thats good enouth for now
  3. But how does that work? When right click and choose for example search & scrape it will know what row/movie it is on? Are you saying that there is now way in java to populate a right click menu based on where you right click?
  4. Nice
  5. Okay, your choice but I have never seen a "professional" software that got a menu named after its application
  6. Okay? So how do I filter all new items in both movies and series?
  7. Yes, do so, I dont think that it is a vary important feature but it could make your application stand out even more
  8. Nice
  9. Nice
  10. Great, but it does not work for series (theTVdb)
  11. Nice
  12. Nice
  13. [New] Some kind of manual or wiki would be great, its not always easy to understand what the diffrent options do or even what possibilities that might hide

Great work!
Does TMM create an All Seasons poster?
@snowjim: we started with one at http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.php/usage/ - but writing docs is time intensive and boring Big Grin We try to write tmm so simple that no docs are needed..

@smbkr: I don't understand? Is the All seasons poster a special poster?
04.03.2013 - Version 2.5.4
There was a nasty bug in an external library with version 2.5.3 which caused our internal database to become corrupted. We've added some recovery functions, but there could be data which is lost. You can either

A) take a backup file from the backup folder inside tmm (the last one before 19.02.2014)
B) start over with a new database by deleting the old one (menu Tools -> initialize database and rescan/update all your data sources.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this bug!

x improved the TVDB scraper: the scraper provides better results and is not searchable with the TVDB id
x fixed correct loading of swt.jar on all platforms
x added slovenian language for the scrapers
x fixed display of trailers in the table (in conjunction with a downloaded trailer)
x fixed resizing behavior of the movie chooser dialog (buttons disappeared)
x fixed a crash when writing NFOs
x fixed a crash when canceling the movie chooser
x compress database backups (to save space)
x ignore more special files for Mac OSX (beginning with ._)
x tweaked our HTTP interface to provide better results for slow connections
x removed episodes now also disappear from the season list
x fixed a crash when writing NFOs
x fixed a crash when canceling the movie chooser
x compress database backups (to save space)
x ignore more special files for Mac OSX (beginning with ._)
x tweaked our HTTP interface to provide better results for slow conntections
x removed episodes now also diappear from the season list
Hi Guys!

Thanks for making TMM... its brilliant. Lightweight... fast.... clear... and scrapes data beautifully.

I'm having an issue though... when I installed TMM, load it up... TMM loads successfully once. Then if i close the program, and reopen it... by double clicking on the .exe file.... nothing happens. No window comes up. I can see my PC thinking about something... but nothing happens.

Also I noticed that when I am playing WoW and using TMM, WoW starts to drag / lag etc... almost as if TMM is hoovering up all my bandwidth. Even though i might not actually be scraping anything at that particular time.

So... has anyone else experienced this... and what should i do about the window not loading properly?

Thanks
please send us the following logs (zipped):

tmm\launcher.log
tmm\logs\tmm.log

via: http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.php/contact-us/
--------------
tmm should not cause problems to wow; if tmm is doing some cpu intensive work (like rescan your datasource/building the image cache) it could be a problem playing games at the same time. You see by the little spinner in the lower right corner of tmm wheter tmm is doing some background work or not. (you can also have a look at the task manager and watch the cpu load)
I was advised by the Main Man himself... delete the config.xml file in the install DIR and start TMM again ... this seems to have fixed my issue.

(2014-03-06, 12:20)mcai8rw2 Wrote: Hi Guys!

Thanks for making TMM... its brilliant. Lightweight... fast.... clear... and scrapes data beautifully.

I'm having an issue though... when I installed TMM, load it up... TMM loads successfully once. Then if i close the program, and reopen it... by double clicking on the .exe file.... nothing happens. No window comes up. I can see my PC thinking about something... but nothing happens.

Also I noticed that when I am playing WoW and using TMM, WoW starts to drag / lag etc... almost as if TMM is hoovering up all my bandwidth. Even though i might not actually be scraping anything at that particular time.

So... has anyone else experienced this... and what should i do about the window not loading properly?

Thanks
(2014-03-07, 13:59)mcai8rw2 Wrote: I was advised by the Main Man himself... delete the config.xml file in the install DIR and start TMM again ... this seems to have fixed my issue.

(2014-03-06, 12:20)mcai8rw2 Wrote: Hi Guys!

Thanks

Seems to work for to..thanks for heads up
When you exit TMM, if it is still doing something it should provide you with a warning as to the fact. My advice is to not quit TMM while you see the spinner in the bottom right hand corner running.

You can check Task Manager (CTRL-Alt-Del / Right Click Clock -> Start Task Manager) and see if the TMM process is still running, and kill it. But this is unadvisable if that process is still doing things with your media, as you may end up with corruption in your NFO's / artwork at the point the task is ended.
We just updated our downloads including:
  • a fix for the downloader (IPv6 issue)
  • a portable version for Windows
  • improved Java 7 support for OSX

find them at FossHub
I would like to request a feature if possible. Would it be possible to implement a feature to enable the user to be able to choose there own certification prefix?
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7