• 44(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Thanks for that

Another recommendation, if there is no images of episodes of a tvshow can it grab a frame and use that
Press THANK USER if I Help
this will not be possible, since tmm is only a media manager (rather than a media center): we only treat the movies and episodes as files; we do not have any chance to look into the files and grab stills from them (this is what XBMC can do because it has all needed codecs, etc. to grab them)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I use to use a different manager when i used windows and that was able to grab stills, now im using ubuntu and using this manager which is very good.
Press THANK USER if I Help
Yes, maybe this mm used ffmpeg to capture stills.

But adding this to tMM, would mean we have to add several MB of native libs (which are different for every OS we support)...

Atm I don't think we will add this..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
I would bet there is a script out there that do the job, in combination with ffmpeg.
So it would be a job for my Suggested userscript ... Wink
Anyone having problems with the idmb scraper?

Plot are not retrieved.

TMDB works correctly
works here like it should do.
did you clear the URL cache before trying so scrape again?

which movie exactly does not retrieve any plot (and in which language..)
I did some research and didn't find much help. I may just be missing a setting or something here, but when I watch a movie on XBMC, it shows as watched in XBMC. TMM doesn't update the watched flag, even when re-scanning. So basically, every time I watch a movie, I have to go into TMM and edit the watched status manually, which is a pain.

My movies are stored on a NAS, if that matters. Am I missing something here, or is that just not possible?
there are two reasons, why this is not possible at the moment:

-) XBMC stores the watched state internally in its database - we communicate with XBMC only via NFO files.
-) we do not have any sync to the NFO file after importing (the bis question here is - which one to trust if the NFO differs from our internally stored data?)

we are playing with the integration of trakt.tv which could solve this problem. Until then you have to set the watched state manually in tmm (like I do)..
Hi,
is it possible to change the format of the country tags? Currently, it's all in one list, e.g. "FR, DE", but i'd rather like separate country names, like "France" "Germany", etc.
Maybe this option can be introduced? At which part of the code are the country names substituted?
technically that would be possible

but (as always) this only produces more problems: what country name to write?
Germany, Deuschland, Tyskland or even Dégúo?

there are reasons why we use ISO codes for such types of information..
(2014-04-15, 19:44)mlaggner Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 18:10)capfuturo Wrote: @mlaggner:
".....Now, if TMM could manage the Extras folder material, in a way that users could see their Extras folders and their content on TMM panel interface, and write the respective NFOs for them including basic content (currently manually defined by the user since there is no online database for Extra material yet) such as title, duration, resolution and plot, then that would be a great contribution!

For Extras NFOs specific content refer to: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...#NFO_Files"

"... I will have a talk to myron how to handle this Wink"
I know guys you are quite busy putting new exciting "baubles" on this tree! Just checking if you Myron will have a look into this at some point? Would be terrific really since VideoExtras users are growing since it made to the official repo a few months ago and things are looking like they need a way to manage the metadata different than manually, and perhaps the most logic way would be via their preferred Media Manager. Thanks!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
yay - video extras.
Thanks for the reminder Smile

With current implementation (litil bit old), we already detect some the extras.
Reworked that today a bit, so the detection rate is quite good now (from all the known plugins and variants)
But NFOs for extras and managing these (without a scraper) are currently not (yet) on our scope... we might add that at a later point...

Currently we are very busy with finishing 2.6 and had already our "feature freeze"...
But it will not be forgotten Smile

hth
brgds
Myron
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thanks very much Myron! Looking forward to all the goodness coming in new 2.6 release and yet to come later on. If you need any help at some point with VideoExtras and how to better implement support in the media manager just give me a shout! Smile

Kind regards, Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Wow, this is slick! It's much faster than emm, that's for sure. However, I'm comparing the nfos generated from this vs emm, and there are a few things that I think could be improved.

*All of these comments will be from my scrape of spider-man 3(2007)
  1. originaltitle: This is only needed if the title differs from the Original Title, correct?
  2. When grabbing the MPAA rating, it's nice to know why. For example:
    Code:
    <mpaa>Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence</mpaa>
  3. The outline and plot tags should have different text in them. As it is, the outline is just the first ~200 characters of the plot. On IMDB, they are different.
    Outline Wrote:A strange black entity from another world bonds with Peter Parker and causes inner turmoil as he contends with new villains, temptations, and revenge.
    Plot Wrote:Peter Parker has finally managed to piece together the once-broken parts of his life, maintaining a balance between his relationship with Mary-Jane and his responsibility as Spider-Man. But more challenges arise for our young hero. Peter's old friend Harry Obsourne has set out for revenge against Peter; taking up the mantle of his late father's persona as The New Goblin, and Peter must also capture Uncle Ben's real killer, Flint Marko, who has been transformed into his toughest foe yet, the Sandman. All hope seems lost when suddenly Peter's suit turns jet-black and greatly amplifies his powers. But it also begins to greatly amplify the much darker qualities of Peter's personality that he begins to lose himself to. Peter has to reach deep inside himself to free the compassionate hero he used to be if he is to ever conquer the darkness within and face not only his greatest enemies, but also...himself.

Thanks again for an awesome piece of software! Keep up the good work!
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7