Linux Multiple art (Discrepancies and issues)
Bug 
I was asked to open a new topic by jmarshall, with clear description of the "issues observed" so I hope this is clear enough.

XBMC (12.0-ALPHA7 Git:20121014-a2040c7), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu)
TVDB scraper By jmarshall https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc-scrapers/downloads
TMDB Scraper default scraper version in XBMC.

To duplicate/confirm (hopefully) please navigate as indicated.

Issue 1: Per season art not displayed in any view via path:// VIDEOS>FILES>TV_SERIES_SOURCES>SERIES_NAME>SEASON X) Where X is any season number
Issue 2: Watched tick is not visible

These two issues are illustrated in the screenshot, happens in any view while navigating via path://VIDEOS>FILES>TV_SERIES

Expected: Display same art and watched/non-watched as currentl via path://TV_SHOWS>SERIES_NAME>SEASON X

Issue 3: No Series name in recently added episodes via path:// VIDEOS>LIBRARY>RECENTLY_ADDED_EPISODES

Expected: Display series name along with the other information? As it does currently via path path://TV_SHOWS>RECENTLY_ADDED

Issue 4: Movie>Information>Choose art (poster Filed unpopulated and selecting it does not show any downloadable/local art

I presume that the tmdb scraper has not been modified to support the new method even though content was removed/library cleaned and re-scraped.

Expected: TO display art in all fields corresponding to image type.

I have noticed other discrepancies, will add more detailed information about those later on on this topic or new topic if requested.

Thank you in advance for the hard work from the developers @ team xbmc.

Wink
1+2. You're in files view. It completely depends on the file heirarchy as to whether we display anything at the season level, as some folk don't even have a seasons level, and some have multiple layers. Has this always been the case for you? The problem has nothing to do with the art changes I suspect.

3. This is because the link from home and the link from videos->recently added are different. It's tricky to fix this one as it turns out, but I have some ideas. No promises though, as it's quite a large change required, and Frodo is close.

4. TheMovieDb scraper doesn't set a poster type, and similarly you have no poster locally. This is to be expected - we can't just invent it. The reason the option is there is so you can set it should you wish. Otherwise there'd be no way to do it, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-15, 00:01)jmarshall Wrote: 1+2. You're in files view. It completely depends on the file heirarchy as to whether we display anything at the season level, as some folk don't even have a seasons level, and some have multiple layers. Has this always been the case for you? The problem has nothing to do with the art changes I suspect.

This has not always been a problem since last time other scrapping changes happened and I nuked DB to re-scrape again after that no more art in season level in any view (before use to be just fine art and descriptions all normal in any view. Since Past EDEN all that part is kaput.

(2012-10-15, 00:01)jmarshall Wrote: 3. This is because the link from home and the link from videos->recently added are different. It's tricky to fix this one as it turns out, but I have some ideas. No promises though, as it's quite a large change required, and Frodo is close.
I'm glad your aware, It is not something I use, I just noticed the "quirk" presume it would be desirable to have it working sometime suitable.

(2012-10-15, 00:01)jmarshall Wrote: 4. TheMovieDb scraper doesn't set a poster type, and similarly you have no poster locally. This is to be expected - we can't just invent it. The reason the option is there is so you can set it should you wish. Otherwise there'd be no way to do it, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan

I have a poster but not locally for this particular one, I would expect the scrapers for tvdb and tmdb will be fixed Updated with similar code as you done to the tvdb one and uploaded and then this wont be a problem anymore, I dont think the idea was to have a way to set local art but what do I know.

Thank you, when two new scrapers that support the new changes are pushed and committed, I will nuke my DB and rescrape again, atm tv_series are all frodo compatible except for issues 1 & 2, will hang on for a tmdb before nuking the rest again. At this rate Its a lot of work to get just half done. I would like to have all views working with all art descriptions and so on.

Should I add more issues as I notice them here or open another topic?

Cheers

uNi
Quote:This has not always been a problem since last time other scrapping changes happened and I nuked DB to re-scrape again after that no more art in season level in any view (before use to be just fine art and descriptions all normal in any view. Since Past EDEN all that part is kaput.

To assist, we'll require your exact file layout.

Note that you don't need updated scrapers at all. The only place an "empty" piece of art comes up is when you Get Art from the movie/episode/tvshow etc. information view, where, one presumes, you have the express purpose of actually setting up the art. Perhaps the wording "Get Art" could be changed to "Set Art" or something to make this more obvious?

Also, thetvdb.com scraper has already been updated. I'll be suggesting others are updated as soon as the changes are finalized.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-10-15, 01:10)jmarshall Wrote: To assist, we'll require your exact file layout.

Code:
TV_SERIES (\\DIRECTORY_NAME@NAS_LOCATION)
       |
       |_SERIES-NAME (directory)
                |
                |_Season 1 (directory)----FILES
                |
                |_Season 2 (directory)----FILES
                |
          SERIES-NAME (directory)
                |
                |_Season 1 (directory)----FILES
                |
                |_Season 2 (directory)----FILES

And so on for all other series, I didn't cascade the files presuming this will suffice to illustrate

(2012-10-15, 01:10)jmarshall Wrote: Note that you don't need updated scrapers at all. The only place an "empty" piece of art comes up is when you Get Art from the movie/episode/tvshow etc. information view, where, one presumes, you have the express purpose of actually setting up the art. Perhaps the wording "Get Art" could be changed to "Set Art" or something to make this more obvious?

Also, thetvdb.com scraper has already been updated. I'll be suggesting others are updated as soon as the changes are finalized.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Regarding scrapers, I presumed you need updated scrapers because otherwise when pressing the choose art, only fanart and thumb are populated pressing poster/banner yields no art screen or any way to access any downloadable/remote information, with your tvdb fixes this for tv series, albeit must nuke/re-scrape everything. The tmdb same issue applies. its not the naming its functionality missing.

However feature is named It will still require where it says no art to populate with remote art to download in addition to the local browse., (none of my art is local)

TIA

uNi

No, that does not suffice. I need the EXACT filenames and foldernames for a show in order to diagnose.

You need to "Get Art" from the movie information dialog, NOT from the context menu. I'll try and reproduce the context menu thing, as that is not supposed to be possible for movie items.

(2012-10-15, 09:17)jmarshall Wrote: No, that does not suffice. I need the EXACT filenames and foldernames for a show in order to diagnose.

Sorry hope this is better.

(2012-10-15, 09:17)jmarshall Wrote: You need to "Get Art" from the movie information dialog, NOT from the context menu. I'll try and reproduce the context menu thing, as that is not supposed to be possible for movie items.

I do >select a movie (press i) it brings information up>choose art>select empty field (poster in this case) as 3rd screenshot on 1st post shows

also Movie>context menu>Movie Information>choose art is similar result. while the populated fields will prompt for remote art

I dont know any other way and both yield same results as screenshot on post #5

TIA

uNi

The above is fine in that case - you don't have any "poster" items scraped, so your only option is none or to browse for one. I don't see a problem with that. After all, you already have art fine, it's just a thumb, not specifically a poster.

I'll look into the seasons thing.

I have art and this particular case if poster field/option is not supposed to do anything other, then its shouldn't show up as a option on movies, because thumb and fanart will both serve to browse remote and local art if I ever want to update/change after the scrapping (as per old method)

thank you for having a look at missing season art

TIA

uNi
Ok, checked the seasons thing - it's always been like that by the looks, or at least for quite some time. Reason is there's nothing in the database tying the knowledge of the season back to the path. The only thing we can really do is guess, and that will always be problematic, so probably not worth the hassle.

Thumbs Down 
Sad bummer

If its not as "simple" as using what already is there for TV_SHOWS and tying it to VIDEOS>FILES then its always going look crap specially using other views. Sad

Its not always been like that though. Once was a time art displayed correctly in file mode or other modes. Not that long ago either.

bum bum

thanks for looking @ other issues as well.

oh well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple art (Discrepancies and issues)1