OS X Aeon MQ4 - Add Shutdown/Exit XBMC to Main Menu
Question 
I've upgraded from MQ3 to MQ4 (I do consider it an upgrade IMHO). However one "feature" I feel is missing is the ability to have Shutdown (or now called Exit XBMC in MQ4 v1.30) as a main menu item

I use XBMC on my Mac Mini and although, being technically minded myself, I can just double tap down to get to the item, my wife is finding it really confusing (being a non-technical person).

I was hoping it'd be possible to use one of the customisable menus and assign it to this function?

If this were possible, I'd also like the main Settings option to be assignable too.

Appreciate the rationale to cleaning this menu up, but I only have 3 options on mine (Movies, TV Shows & Weather) and so one or 2 more items would mean no extra clutter, and significantly fewer keystrokes

Other than that, MQ4 rocks! Best looking media centre in with world! Cool
I use XBMC on both windows and mac and I agree, that would be helpful.
I use only windows version and I miss the "shutdown" option in the main menu. Is more "wife-friendly".
UP! we need this =)
MarcosQui had a survey during the beta test of the MQ4 skin among the beta tester and the majority of the people who answered wanted the settings and shut down menu to be moved from the main menu. All of the beta testers are MQ skin doners or are in some way contributers to XBMC, so i do not think MarcosQui will change this.

Not sure if this is the same question, but I'm looking for a way to have a single "suspend" command shut down the system. Right now when I hit the sleep/power button, XBMC only brings up a shutdown menu and another click is required to shut the system down.

I'm using Windows, but I would imagine the menu system is the same.

Any thoughts?
The closest thing to making this possible that i could find is to use "commands" add-on. With this add-on you can add commands like shutdown, reboot, suspend, or restart xbmc, as well as other commands. Then with Aeon MQ 4, use the my menu to add the add-on into the main menu. Still have to open commands then select suspend, but much better for the whife and kids than the system menu they can't see.
I was also missing this option as I used to have the shutdown button in the home menu which would put my HTPC to sleep.

Although I'm using Windows, perhaps a similar approach might be possible on Max OS? This is what I've done:

I created a simple addon which uses a python script to call a Windows batch script that in it's turn puts my HTPC to sleep. This addon appears as a program-addon in XBMC which I then can assign to the home menu in XBMC. Now I can put my HTPC to sleep with just a single press. Smile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ4 - Add Shutdown/Exit XBMC to Main Menu1