Justusethefilename incorrect structure
I downloaded the justusethefilename add on but when i try and install it from zip I get a message saying it has a incorrect structure can someone please fix it.

Here is the addon xml document
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <addon id="metadata.justUseFilename.org" name="justUseTheFilename" version="1.0.1" provider-name="ELBSolutions.com Inc.">
- <requires>
<import addon="xbmc.metadata" version="1.0" />
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies" language="en" library="justUseFilename.xml" />
- <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
<summary lang="en">Just Use the Filename as the name of the movie</summary>
<description lang="en">Simply use this scraper to add any videos ( home videos, and other) to their library without having to use nfo files with the filename of the movie. IMPORTANT: If you do not know this - setting the scraper and running an (automated) scan does NOT pick up changes you make to nfo files you put - it took a long time to 'get that' so I thought it was important to reiterate. To refresh your library eithr rename your files and re-run or set the 'this directory contains' parameter to none, click OK, then reset the values back to movie and rescrape. I learned how to do all this by editing the themoviedB.org scraper so thank you for your excellent example.</description>
<platform>all</platform>
</extension>
</addon>

and here is the Justusethefilename xml document
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <scraper framework="1.1" date="2012-02-18">
- <CreateSearchUrl dest="3">
- <RegExp input="$$1" output="<url>http://www.elbsolutions.com/xbmc/scraper/justUseFilename.php?task=getsearchresults&string=\1</url>" dest="3">
<expression noclean="1">(.*)</expression>
</RegExp>
</CreateSearchUrl>
- <NfoUrl dest="3">
- <RegExp input="$$1" output="\1" dest="3">
<expression noclean="1" />
</RegExp>
</NfoUrl>
- <GetSearchResults dest="8">
- <RegExp input="$$5" output="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><results>\1</results>" dest="8">
- <RegExp input="$$1" output="<entity><title>\1</title><url>http://www.elbsolutions.com/xbmc/scraper/justUseFilename.php?task=getdetails&string=\1</url></entity>" dest="5">
<expression repeat="yes"><title>(.+)</title></expression>
</RegExp>
<expression noclean="1" />
</RegExp>
- <RegExp1 input="$$1" output="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><results><entity><title>Dummy \1</title><url>http://http://www.elbsolutions.com/xbmc/scraper/justUseFilename.php?task=getdetails&string=bob</url></entity>" dest="8">
<expression />
</RegExp1>
</GetSearchResults>
- <GetDetails dest="3">
- <RegExp input="$$1" output="<details><title>\1</title><year></year><director></director></details>" dest="3">
<expression />
</RegExp>
</GetDetails>
</scraper>
Add it to XBMC while it's still in a .zip file
I went to this page
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...tom_videos
clicked on the link and it downloaded the file while it was still a .zip file.
when I went to xbmc and tried to install from zip it says incorrect file structure.
What OS are you using?
windows 7 professional
hmmm, as far as I know, W7 doesn't do anything funky automatically to zip files.

Not sure what the issue is. I've tried justusethefilename before and it installed for me just fine.
Is there another file link I could use and is that the most up to date version of the justusethefilename addon? Its not in the official XBMC repository yet
I have the same issue with windows 7 x64. Is there a way to install it manually because I desperately need this functionality.
If it won't install as a zip via XBMC's add-on manager, try unzipping the downloaded metadata.justUseFilename.org.zip file first. Copy/move the extracted metadata.justUseFilename.org folder into your XBMC addons folder (should be located in the same path as your userdata (wiki) folder). Start XBMC and this add-on should be available now.
Thanks artrafael.

Just wish I could use it as a tvshow scraper
Thank you
(2012-10-26, 02:02)Testingb Wrote: Thanks artrafael.

Just wish I could use it as a tvshow scraper

You can, actually.

Open addon.xml in the metadata.justUseFilename.org folder. Look for this line:
<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies"
language="en"
library="justUseFilename.xml"/>

Change it to:
<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.tvshows"
language="en"
library="justUseFilename.xml"/>

I made my XBMC put my generic vids into Music Videos by editing that line. Save a copy of addon.xml before you make any changes.

10 months ago, Voyager1 wrote in response to a discussion to have JustUseFilename included in the repository:

Quote:I wouldn't want my "by filename scraper" to be dependent on a php service running on http://www.elbsolutions.com... Potential privacy issues and simply I don't see the point. Perhaps we need a binary addon that does this processing locally.

(Copied from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/722.)

How valid is this critique?

I was having over last weekend an argument with developers and some users about the relative merits of JustUseFilename as a scraper for generic, that is neither movie nor tvshow, videos. I was convinced, on the basis of my experience, that it was not worth much; they begged to differ.

Mindful of their superior knowledge I redid a test, and fired the scraper against a folder containing, among others, a folder named "Open Yale EEB 122_ Principles of Evolution, Ecology and Behavior (Stephen C. Stearns, 2009)", which is the closest one can get to the desired library name "Open Yale EEB 122: Principles of Evolution, Ecology and Behavior (Stephen C. Stearns, 2009)". The folder contains the whole 36 lectures listed in a consistent alphanumerical fashion---lecture title preceded by two digit lecture number.

What I got as library name was:

open yale eeb 122 principles of evolution, ecology and behavior (stephen c. stearns, 2009)

Though the scraper was converted to tvshow as suggested in this thread, no episodes were scraped.

If this forum was subject to US law, anyone wishing to argue in favor of using this scraper would risk a suit for attempted misrepresentation of the public.

Hi
I would like to use this for music videos also
Using windows 7 I unzipped the original add-on ( which tested and installs as a .zip on xbmc )
Changed the line to :-
<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.musicvideos" language="en" library="justUseFilename.xml" />
And then back to a zip file, using windows 7
When trying to add to xbmc I get the “does not have the correct structure” error msg.
Effectively I have only change “movies” to “musicvideos”
Can anyone give me some guidance, it’s frustrating.
Aside because I do not thing it is anything to do with the error, I did try “musicvideo” as well
Not sure if I should be using musicvideo or musicvideos
Still get same error msg, have tried using normal compression and no compression, but same result.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Justusethefilename incorrect structure0