i/o exception (java.io.filenotfoundexception) GetSystemInfo(120)
I recently installed a Frodo nightly and since then i can't connect with XBMC remote to it.

On several devies it's giving this error:

i/o exception (java.io.filenotfoundexception)
ad02:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120)

I tried changing to different ip and several ports but without luck.

Any ideas?

Using XBMC 12.0 Alpha 7

Edit:
When opening url on desktop i'm getting file not found
(http://ad02:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?comma...mInfo(120))
(2012-10-15, 13:35)schumi2004 Wrote: I recently installed a Frodo nightly and since then i can't connect with XBMC remote to it.

On several devies it's giving this error:

i/o exception (java.io.filenotfoundexception)
ad02:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120)

I tried changing to different ip and several ports but without luck.

Any ideas?

Using XBMC 12.0 Alpha 7

Remote needs updating. So until then you need another remote
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn

Thanks for your quick response.
Compiling latest git won't fix it yet then?
no
Is there any timeframe for the update?
There's a Tom. build in one of the thread that should continue to work. Search is your friend Smile

And there's alternative that do work like Yatse or Music Pump.
(2012-10-15, 14:39)Tolriq Wrote: There's a Tom. build in one of the thread that should continue to work. Search is your friend Smile

And there's alternative that do work like Yatse or Music Pump.

Thanks Wink
..did they really just update xbmc without retaining some kind of backward compatibility for *all* the other software written that depends on it?

seriously. not cool... "wait for an update" isn't an acceptable answer. ever. if i ever wrote something at work that broke compatibility with everything else that depended on it, i'd be out of a job. though my code updates would never pass testing. how did these updates even pass testing and get released? it's clearly broken.

are we waiting for an update to the remote, or to xbmc? i'd hope the update would come to xbmc to fix what they broke in the first place. i appreciate xbmc 12 is alpha, but you don't just go changing your api's without giving every other developer plenty of warning to change their software to become compatible. why do you think the likes of microsoft and google launch preview builds to developers..for the exact same reason.
(2012-10-27, 11:18)danneh3826 Wrote: ..did they really just update xbmc without retaining some kind of backward compatibility for *all* the other software written that depends on it?

seriously. not cool... "wait for an update" isn't an acceptable answer. ever. if i ever wrote something at work that broke compatibility with everything else that depended on it, i'd be out of a job. though my code updates would never pass testing. how did these updates even pass testing and get released? it's clearly broken.

are we waiting for an update to the remote, or to xbmc? i'd hope the update would come to xbmc to fix what they broke in the first place. i appreciate xbmc 12 is alpha, but you don't just go changing your api's without giving every other developer plenty of warning to change their software to become compatible. why do you think the likes of microsoft and google launch preview builds to developers..for the exact same reason.

what are you rambling about. It had been announced for two years that it would be removed. Every
dev has been given enough warning.

what do you think alpha are? official releases? If anything they are "preview" builds. no one told them that they had to upgrade to latest xbmc and it is always stated that things might not might not work anymore for some thing.

really think before posting a complete flawed piece of text.
i think no one is developing the official android xbmc remote anymore.
there has been no activity since dec 2011 (last accepted defect)
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/
(2012-10-28, 14:02)GoodOldBrian Wrote: i think no one is developing the official android xbmc remote anymore.
there has been no activity since dec 2011 (last accepted defect)
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/

It's on github.com now
allright then. the googlecode repos should be removed or marked as moved then. many people are using it for bug tracking.
who is in charge?
Is the lack of xbmc remote updates a symptom of lack of developer resources, or is it because the new interfaces are still evolving? If it's the former, I might be able to put some time into it.
(2012-10-28, 20:03)CaptainObvious Wrote: Is the lack of xbmc remote updates a symptom of lack of developer resources, or is it because the new interfaces are still evolving? If it's the former, I might be able to put some time into it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1223989
https://github.com/tombriden/android-xbm.../downloads

The latest build works on XBMCBuntu Frodo RC1 for me any way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i/o exception (java.io.filenotfoundexception) GetSystemInfo(120)0