Audio drop outs at start of Video
I have exactly the same issue, so playing a collection of Tracks (a cd) has all the 1st 2 secs cut off, I just dont understand why everyone
is not screaming about this.....

Using Openelec 3.1.6 (with mp3s) via hdmi to a YAMHA amp.

Is there nothing to be done?

Whould it not be possible to compile kernel and aps on raspberry pi so we can use something other than
omxplayer for mp3 play back for example, then have gapless play back? (while leaving omxplayer for video)

been tying to get this to go since september 2012

thanks
(2013-09-08, 16:56)javaboyuk Wrote: I have exactly the same issue, so playing a collection of Tracks (a cd) has all the 1st 2 secs cut off, I just dont understand why everyone
is not screaming about this.....

can you try adding "force_hdmi_open=1" to config.txt and check the behaviour?
Thank you Thank you Thank you

Your fab, amazing etc etc etc

this worked! Its near gapless play back now on my Raspberry PI with openelec and XBMC runing omxplayer

Popcornmix thank you, really.
(I will post a request on the openelc text build to have this added)
JB
Whilst I am not a Pi user (actually a MyGica 510b, the same as a Pivos Xios, with Linux), I too am experiencing this problem. It never happened on my Apple TV.

It's driving me nuts. I've tried some of the solutions offered here (although I cannot see a config.txt file anywhere) and also playing around with "streamsilence" in the advanced settings, but nothing works.

Are there any other solutions? Is it an issue with Frodo, or with the hardware or something else?
@keiron99
In latest gotham builds the stream silence option is available from the settings/system/audio. It's called "Keep audio device alive".
(you need to set "settings level" to advanced to see this).

config.txt or advancedsettings.xml options shouldn't be needed.
Thanks popcornmix.

I am on XBMC 12.2. Sorry to appear a dimwit, but am not sure whether that is the latest Gotham build or not! If not, how would I update it?
(2013-12-01, 14:00)keiron99 Wrote: I am on XBMC 12.2. Sorry to appear a dimwit, but am not sure whether that is the latest Gotham build or not! If not, how would I update it?

Not sure - probably best asked in the Android forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio drop outs at start of Video0