• 34(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Things I can think of that speed things up (that you haven't mentioned):

Using tvshow.nfos (with URLs) in your folders, as that will skip over the search component of the scraper.
Folders containing only non-enumerable files - without episodes to add, the scraper will quickly move to the next folder.

It may only take a small number of the latter in quick succession to trigger a ban, so the fact it stops around the H mark might make it worth checking the folders around there.

The delay parameter is non-linear, low values will probably have negligible effect, while high values will go cripplingly slow. You'll likely want to be nearer the movie default (125) than the TV default (1) if you want to have noticeable delays.

(And make sure you change the setting at the source folder and not just in the add-on settings.)
Hmm, doesn't look like it scans the folder alphabetically, because it's skipped a lot of folders that should be totally fine. Makes it harder to figure out which folders are causing it.
I'm guessing this is what shows up in the log when you're banned?
Code:
WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://10.0.0.1/Ext.WD2/Anime/TV Shows/Gungrave/', it won't be added to the library.
I'll up the delay and wait until the ban lifts and try again ^^
I'd need to see a full debug log (wiki) to see what's going on. When you're banned you should get a plot for the show warning you that you are banned (if you look in File view, at least).

You shouldn't see a "No information" warning in the log, because some information would have been found - i.e. the "you-are-banned" plot description.
There we go: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=142826
Yes, I've got a ban show in my list.
Hmm, not a lot I can discern from that, it looks like the cache is still present as there's no attempts to connect to anidb (if it was you'd see lines like DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(01028D28) http://api.anidb.net:9001/ ...)

This would be my suggestion:
1. Clear the cache again.
2. Set the content on the Anime/TV Shows folder to "none" and remove everything from the library when prompted.
3. Re-set the content, make sure the delay parameter is high.
4. Rescan, and cross your fingers.

(You may also want to change the content on the movie folder and check the "Movies are in separate folders..." setting.)
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks for your help so far ^^
I'll let you know how it goes once the ban lifts.
Well, I managed to scrape more shows this time, but I was still banned for some reason, even though the delay was set to 175.
I also noticed that specials don't show up anymore either. They're supposed to be named S1, S2 etc., right? Is that what the lone S is for in the defaultsesason="0" regex?
The "delay" part occurs during the creation of the episode guide by the scraper, which would mean with it set so high and you still getting banned that it's can't be being triggered, which would mean XBMC is not finding any episodes in at least some folders. As long as you have one enumerable file in the folder the delay would occur.

Do you have any series you only have specials for, since you mention they're not getting scanned?
If they use S1 naming, then you will need to have an equivalent defaultseason="0" regex (with added "s") to handle them.

It might be simpler at this point just to manually refresh individually the shows you got banned on. As far as XBMC is concerned, those shows have been added to the library, so simply updating the library won't fix them, if you want them to be fixed automatically, you'd have to follow the steps in my last post again (and face the same issues). If you do go that route again, turn on debug logging beforehand and post the log (if you get banned again).

Alternatively, you could temporarily move the "banned" shows out of the source folder, clean the library, and then put them back and rescan.

The initial scan is always the toughest, once you're not adding shows en masse, things go a lot smoother.
The log file shows that a bunch of folders aren't recognized, so I'll go through them and make sure they're named to more or less match the AniDB entries.

I haven't got any special-only folders, but one example is Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! It's got 9 specials, named S01 to S09, but they don't show up in XBMC, only the main episodes. When I first tried scraping with the default file names I got a "Specials" season for some shows, so I'm assuming that's how they should show up? I've put the defaultseason="0" regex in my advancedsettings already, but it doesn't seem to be working properly.
Another example is that the last three episodes of both Baccano! and Bakemonogatari are classified as specials (S1-S3), so I'm not seeing all the episodes in XBMC.

How do I refresh individual shows manually? Do I go to the Files section and scan that folder for new content?

I can tell this scan is tough indeed, and this is only a fraction of my total collection ^^; Hopefully I'll figure out a way to avoid these issues for the rest.
And I haven't even gotten started on the movies yet :P (I've set the content to "none" for movies so they won't get me banned while doing the TV shows.)
Did you add a version of the defaultseason regex that matches your naming scheme?

To refresh a show, just press 'i' while highlighting the show folder in File view, and select refresh from the info screen (if the folder hasn't already been added to the library, pressing 'i' will trigger a scan).

I also want to add (not that this will help you, but hopefully to reassure others) that I've scanned my anime TV show library on multiple occasions (~350 shows "online", ~250 "offline") without getting banned (and with the default delay). The method I outline in the first post works.
I thought I had, but when checking it, it didn't catch the S. Must have pasted the wrong regex. I've hopefully fixed it now.

But yes, I wish I could have just used the method in the first post, but for some reason I can't get the AniDB Applet to work. It just won't rename anything because of an auth error of some sort. Doesn't seem like anyone else is having problems like that, so... meh, I'll stick with it and I'll get it to work eventually.
Have since tried to get Seitokai Yakuindomo working through the NFO file as it's now on TVDB. Still not working. Tried setting up an NFO with another anime to be sure and I have that working. Can you try it and see if you can get it working?
Tested it as follows:
Created a new folder called "Random Title" with a couple of dummy episode files.
Added a tvshow.nfo containing aid=10197 (and nothing else).
Scanned it into the library.

Relevant lines from the Debug log:
Code:
07:20:40 T:1816   DEBUG: scraper: NfoUrl returned <url gzip="yes" cache="10197.xml">http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?request=anime&client=xbmcscrap&clientver=1&protover=1&aid=10197</url>
07:20:40 T:1816   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching URL NFO file: E:\Videos\Japanese TV\Anime\Test Shows\Random Title\tvshow.nfo
07:20:40 T:1816   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url 'http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?request=anime&client=xbmcscrap&clientver=1&protover=1&aid=10197' using AniDB.net [MOD] scraper (content: 'tvshows')

Both episodes were found and had full plots and thumbnails from TVDB.
Perfect, thanks! Didn't know you could drop anidb links in there too. Was trying to use TVDB.
How should I deal with:
[xxx]_b_a_asdf_asd_-_01[adf][asdf].mkv

I tried it with:
<regexp>[^\\/]*()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?[^\\/]*$</regexp> and
<regexp>[\\/ ]()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?[^\\/]*$</regexp>
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8