• 36(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Hello Everyone!

since ive updated from 12.2 to 12.3 i have a really strange problem.
Im using xubuntu 13.10.

xbmc works fine with pics, movies, tv-shows and music after a fresh install.
ive enabled the anidb scraper wich is hostet by xbmc itself.
but xbmc continues to crash every 4 secs, when i try to install the repository for the mod.

it works fine again if i remove the folder /home/maspangl/.xbmc/addons/repository.scudlee

heres my crash report:
http://pastebin.com/8x6KYdVH

im really frustrated right now.
ive been using the repo for over 6 months without any problems.
but after a fresh install i cant even install it.

i hope someone can help me with it.
i cant even find any clue in the crash reports nor in the syslogs.

UPDATE:
I just installed the addon itself via the direct link at the git repo:
https://github.com/ScudLee/scudlee-xbmc-...-2.1.0.zip

but i cant install the whole repo without crashing it.
@thomazrb: Did you also use the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) code that's in the first post? You didn't mention it, and it's crucial to getting the episodes recognised.

@spanguel: I'm a little at a loss as to what could be causing the crash. Perhaps if you enable debug logging, the crash log might contain more clues.
Aside from manually installing each scraper, as you have done (just be sure to install the common scraper as well), the only other thing I can think to suggest would be to investigate the Super Repo, which I know also contains copies of the mod scrapers. (I won't link it because I dislike it, but it's not exactly hard to find.)
Sorry man, my fault... my advancedsettings.xml was in the wrong place. i was putting it in my home dir but now i realized it needs to be in .xbmc/userdata.

Tnks and good job Wink
(2014-03-23, 01:02)spanguel Wrote: Hello Everyone!

Im using xubuntu 13.10.

but xbmc continues to crash every 4 secs, when i try to install the repository for the mod.

it works fine again if i remove the folder /home/maspangl/.xbmc/addons/repository.scudlee

heres my crash report:

UPDATE:

There was an update to how GitHub hosts raw file data, which rendered pretty much every repository useless as the contained URLs now point to an invalid location.
Unfortunately, XBMC in Ubuntu crashes when it tries to access these invalid URLs due to the package it utilizes, whereas Windows simply has empty repo's. The thread detailing this issue is full of people working to get this solved, so we should both just wait patiently until a solution is released.
Hello.

I'm new to this, please bear with me. I'm having a rather difficult time trying to get anything to scrape at all. I can get a show to scrape, but the episodes contained within are not scraped. I've tried several naming formats, but they still will not get recognized. I have filebot automatically scraping and renaming new downloads from uTorrent, leaving XBMC to scrape the episode data after updating the library. I'm trying to get the following layout to work:

Code:
Anime Series
   |----World Conquest Zvezda Plot (2014)
   |       |--World Conquest Zvezda Plot - E01 - Conquer All Humans.mkv
   |       |--World Conquest Zvezda Plot - E02 - From the Dining Table to the Grave.mkv
   |       |--And so on..

If I need to keep an automated setup, how would I go about getting these files scraped?
I've recently started using XBMC and have been spending the last few weeks getting everything set up and how I like it. It mostly works, but I'm running into a few issues that are keeping it hobbled and only semi-working.

The first, I don't think there's anything that can be done with, but I'll mention it in case anyone has experience with it. My filenames are generally in the format of <Showname - XX.mkv>. I've set my advancedsettings.xml up so that the regex parses the episodes correctly, but it will occasionally miss things that it has no business missing. I suspect it's because the filename has unicode characters in it. Is there anything that can be done about that?

Second, and the main reason I'm making this post, has to do with how I like my series structured. I like to keep a franchise in a single folder with subfolders for the individual seasons or subseries. So for example, with the Sci;Adv franchise, I have a parent folder that contains Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, and Robotics;Notes. I can either set the parent folder as containing an individual series, in which case it considers every episode it scrapes from the subfolders to be part of whichever series I set the parent folder as, or I can set it as a container folder, in which case the subfolders behave properly. Unfortunately, when I do this, I can't seem to associate any art with the parent folder. Ideally, I'd like to have the parent folder show art and a synopsis as it would if it were an individual series. I'm even open to doing it all manually. I just can't find a way to associate any kind of information with a folder that has been set as not containing a single series. Is this possible, even if it requires manual workarounds?
(2014-03-23, 01:02)spanguel Wrote: Hello Everyone!

Im using xubuntu 13.10.

heres my crash report:

UPDATE:

Just chipping in to say I'm using Gotham 13b2 and am experiencing the same problem. Had to enable SuperRepo in order to install the mod correctly.
To Approva and tmt_

try and follow where the links take you in my post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1650657

tmt_

I do not think that has anything to do with this mod. XBMC do not offer the feature you need for that. Or at least anidb do not. As far as I know.
You might have some luck using playlists, using "path contains" options.
EDIT: Nevermind, went the SuperRepo route.
Hi, could anyone help me with one issue? Namely not all of my anime is being loaded into library. I finally managed to get them enumerated (those of course which have proper naming) - seems that file encoding was the issue here, but right now I'm stuck on missing titles.

Here is my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/fabWAJMj
Scudlee, i have a question regarding automation.
I really appreciate your work regarding anime detection in XBMC, the steps you have provided to get it working are very clear and i got it working without a problem.
However as i've used this a little over half a year now the work you have to put in to get the shows sorted properly on a htpc without a keyboard and mouse (i use VNC) this is getting a little tedious to do and i want to automate the process to run in the background.
(right now my VPS autodl's anime and BTsync pushes it to the HTPC when it comes out of sleep, after that i have to sort it)
Do you have any tips regarding this ?

I have tried some standalone AniDB clients but those dont see to do the trick, they wont run in the background or don't monitor filesystem events, and if they do, if the file is not recognised(hash) it wont retry later which requires intervention.
My experience with FileBot has been rather sobering too, especially with the new shows i had a lot of reporting to do in order to get those to rename properly with newer versions of filebot (aliases etc)

edit: found a semi-working solution Smile
I've got a question regarding naming for files where series within a show are separated by symbols attached to the end of the title.
Using your Tagging system to rename files through the AniDB applet, symbol that are non Windows file name compatible, get removed from the title, which 99% of the time works out fine. However I've come across a situation where it causes an issue.

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Code:
<anime anidbid="7532" tvdbid="173271" defaulttvdbseason="1">
    <name>Seitokai Yakuindomo</name>
    <mapping-list>
      <mapping anidbseason="0" tvdbseason="0">;1-0;2-0;</mapping>
    </mapping-list>
</anime>
Seitokai Yakuindomo *
Code:
<anime anidbid="10197" tvdbid="173271" defaulttvdbseason="2">
    <name>Seitokai Yakuindomo *</name>
</anime>

The second is the sequel series to the first, which when named using your tagging rules results in both series have the same name as * is not a valid character for Windows file names, neither series has an official English title either to use as a fall back for differentiation. Is there a recommendation for naming to allow the scrapper to properly detect the difference between the two series? Or is the best option to just set a name for the folder containing the sequel then manually search with the scrapper/use an NFO file?
(2014-04-21, 14:04)Public Wrote: I've got a question regarding naming for files where series within a show are separated by symbols attached to the end of the title.
Using your Tagging system to rename files through the AniDB applet, symbol that are non Windows file name compatible, get removed from the title, which 99% of the time works out fine. However I've come across a situation where it causes an issue.

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Code:
<anime anidbid="7532" tvdbid="173271" defaulttvdbseason="1">
    <name>Seitokai Yakuindomo</name>
    <mapping-list>
      <mapping anidbseason="0" tvdbseason="0">;1-0;2-0;</mapping>
    </mapping-list>
</anime>
Seitokai Yakuindomo *
Code:
<anime anidbid="10197" tvdbid="173271" defaulttvdbseason="2">
    <name>Seitokai Yakuindomo *</name>
</anime>

The second is the sequel series to the first, which when named using your tagging rules results in both series have the same name as * is not a valid character for Windows file names, neither series has an official English title either to use as a fall back for differentiation. Is there a recommendation for naming to allow the scrapper to properly detect the difference between the two series? Or is the best option to just set a name for the folder containing the sequel then manually search with the scrapper/use an NFO file?
The is no direct solution to the tagging in this case (i think)
However you can name the folder/files like the listed synonyms on anidb.net to have the anidb scraper detect the show properly.
( http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...&aid=10197 click titles)
Goodluck ! Smile
Weird, when I tried before it didn't work with synonyms. Well that's nice to see that it does work with them now, as everything worked out fine, cheers.
I have an issue with 'one' show that even though its named properly is not recognized.

Code:
Anime
   |----Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (2014)
   |       |--Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (2014) - 03 - The Ruins 1,000 Meters Above Ground.mkv

The scraper does see it and does recognize it but the show is never added for some reason.. i cleaned the library and tried again.. and again to no avail.

'Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (2014)' is exactly how its named on AniDB and is the primary name of the show so i dont really get it..

Found the issue,

The animelist and animetitles xml files have the wrong ID's for this show.

Currently (according to the XML)
Ryuugajou nanana no maizoukin (2014) = 10561
Ryuugajou nanana no maizoukin = 8864

According to AniDB its the other way around so:
Ryuugajou nanana no maizoukin (2014) = 8864
Ryuugajou nanana no maizoukin =10561

edit: raised the issue on git, fixed now thanks scudlee!
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8