• 39(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I'm kind of confused about the naming. Most of the animes I got working by changing their names to "Animename! ep01" and so on. But it doesn't work on Naruto for example. I have tried naming the files to "Naruto ep01", "Naruto ep001", "Naruto 1x01" and so on... Nothing works. It won't even list the folder in TV Shows. And the same thing also happens with Initial D Fifth Stage. I have named the folder "Initial D Fifth Stage" and the files are named "Initial D Fifth Stage ep01". The naming works with the other seasons but not with the fifth. Same thing as with Naruto, the Fifth Stage is not even listed in my TV Shows. What would be the right format to rename my anime? Love the mod but just need to work this out and get all my animes to be listed.

Edit: Got Naruto working by changing the folder name from Naruto to NARUTO. Right. Tongue
Edit2: Got Fifth Stage working too by changing the the folder to Initial D FIFTH STAGE. How does this work?
Edit3: How are you supposed to name the specials? :o
(2014-08-18, 11:37)LoveJoy Wrote: @outlaw Mantis.

Not really ideas, but.
Since I have to switch back to original skin, to find the "update library" function I thought you could consider looking into the skin you use.
I use Transparency skin, and have the Artwork Downloader add-on. When I go to show information, and move on to logos, it seems to me it is my add-on Artwork Downloader that get's me logos.

Never used logos myself. What is the reason for using them instead of posters?

I use Aeon Nox and it does have the Artwork Downloader feature, which works for all my films and TV shows. My other skins don't support Artwork Downloader. (At least, not in the video information menu.) Believe me, scrolling through films/TV with logos looks fantastic! The anime series and films do have these extra fan art on the fanart website, but it just isn't working. Sad I don't think this is to do with skins since I can use the Artwork Downloader feature with non-anime videos.

(2014-09-02, 17:26)koroep Wrote: I'm kind of confused about the naming. Most of the animes I got working by changing their names to "Animename! ep01" and so on. But it doesn't work on Naruto for example. I have tried naming the files to "Naruto ep01", "Naruto ep001", "Naruto 1x01" and so on... Nothing works. It won't even list the folder in TV Shows. And the same thing also happens with Initial D Fifth Stage. I have named the folder "Initial D Fifth Stage" and the files are named "Initial D Fifth Stage ep01". The naming works with the other seasons but not with the fifth. Same thing as with Naruto, the Fifth Stage is not even listed in my TV Shows. What would be the right format to rename my anime? Love the mod but just need to work this out and get all my animes to be listed.

Edit: Got Naruto working by changing the folder name from Naruto to NARUTO. Right. Tongue
Edit2: Got Fifth Stage working too by changing the the folder to Initial D FIFTH STAGE. How does this work?
Edit3: How are you supposed to name the specials? :o

I had great success in the past using the Java client on the AniDB website, but you need to correctly configure it so it renames to English, etc. Also, you can scrape anime films/TV shows individually through the refresh icon (not sure if it's on all skins) and it will display a list of all results that match your video(s). This has worked a few times for me.
@Wuebit

you can try and change E to EP so your files are named like EP03 and see if that does the trick.

I use the anibd client to rename mine, when it works. And EP has woked for me so far.
Beside that I would not be surprised if the problems anidb has atm. could have something to say.
OK, this is has been bugging me for a while.

I use the FileBot script with uTorrent in Windows to rename shows and move them to my network drive for XBMC automatically. All of my shows work great except Naruto Shippuuden. The renaming works great, but XBMC doesn't scrape the episodes properly.

For example, Filebot uses AniDB to rename the latest episode to "Naruto Shippuuden - 375 - Kakashi vs. Obito.mp4". In XBMC, I have the scraper set to AniDB.net [MOD] and it still doesn't detect the episodes. I'm using AniDB for both renaming and scraping, so it should theoretically just work. I've also tried scraping with TVDB and telling it I had absolute order, but that doesn't work either. Actually, the only way I can get it to work is if I use TVDB for both renaming and scraping, but then it occasionally names the episode incorrectly, so I'd really like to use the more reliable AniDB.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zer0
(2014-09-05, 17:16)Zer0Sequenc3 Wrote: OK, this is has been bugging me for a while.

I use the FileBot script with uTorrent in Windows to rename shows and move them to my network drive for XBMC automatically. All of my shows work great except Naruto Shippuuden. The renaming works great, but XBMC doesn't scrape the episodes properly.

For example, Filebot uses AniDB to rename the latest episode to "Naruto Shippuuden - 375 - Kakashi vs. Obito.mp4". In XBMC, I have the scraper set to AniDB.net [MOD] and it still doesn't detect the episodes. I'm using AniDB for both renaming and scraping, so it should theoretically just work. I've also tried scraping with TVDB and telling it I had absolute order, but that doesn't work either. Actually, the only way I can get it to work is if I use TVDB for both renaming and scraping, but then it occasionally names the episode incorrectly, so I'd really like to use the more reliable AniDB.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zer0

Someone mentioned this a few posts ago, but episode detection works MUCH better when numbered like "ep375” instead of just ”375”.
Just got "banned" from anidb by using this mod. Default settings.
Is there anyway to allow us to use this addon with our anidb login information? From my understanding, a lot of the bans are coming from Anidb's allowance on anonymous login and if we were able to use our logins then it wouldn't ban users as often.
I got banned the first time I used this mod as well.

In the mod's settings there is a delay parameter. I have mine on 200 and now I can't remember the last time I got banned.

Not said that is the solution for everyone, but it is a place to start.
Using the tvshow.nfo file in all my directories helps a lot as well I think.
I'm looking for an alternative way to name specials in a series. Since its an anime the default way of using 0x01 strikes me as pretty ugly, since animes don't really use seasons.

Is there a way to mark specials that is at least a bit similar to for example: ep01?
Hi does anyone has success scraping Little Busters! Refrain special episodes "EX".
I have cleared cache, named them S00E01 to S00E08 but the scraper still scrap them as the main Refrain episode 01 to 08.
(2014-11-08, 12:37)diverdiner Wrote: Hi does anyone has success scraping Little Busters! Refrain special episodes "EX".
I have cleared cache, named them S00E01 to S00E08 but the scraper still scrap them as the main Refrain episode 01 to 08.

To my knowledge, for scraping of specials to work, all of the following need to be true:
-TheTVDB needs to have the specials listed.
-The scraper's episode map needs to point to these episodes on TheTVDB.
-The episodes need to be named with S00E## as the episode numbers.

It sounds like you've got the last point covered. The issue might be one of the other two.
(2014-11-11, 06:21)flamepanther Wrote: To my knowledge, for scraping of specials to work, all of the following need to be true:

It sounds like you've got the last point covered. The issue might be one of the other two.

Thanks for reply.

Does scrapping of special ep only works with TVDB?
All of the main episode are named after and scrapped correctly with anidb.

I hope there is a way to scrap special ep with anidb.
(2014-11-12, 11:59)diverdiner Wrote:
(2014-11-11, 06:21)flamepanther Wrote: To my knowledge, for scraping of specials to work, all of the following need to be true:

Thanks for reply.

Does scrapping of special ep only works with TVDB?
All of the main episode are named after and scrapped correctly with anidb.

I hope there is a way to scrap special ep with anidb.

Unless I've misunderstood how the anidb scraper works, it relies on thetvdb for mapping specials (ie, where do they go in relation to the normal episodes) and because they don't really have normal episode numbers otherwise, but it still scrapes the actual data for the specials from anidb.
How do i fix the Mushishi mess that is the sequel and the sequel of said sequel?

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...&aid=10384
11 episodes, season 2 - [Vivid] Mushishi Zoku Shou - 11 - Odoro no Michi [473403E4].mkv

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...&aid=10571
Season 3? No season 2 continued...
[Vivid] Mushishi Zoku Shou - 18 [A14664C5].mkv

I have done this:
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Mushishi Zoku Shou 2014 - [Vivid] Mushishi Zoku Shou - 13 [123088F5].mkv - episode 18.
Needless to say this doesn't work...

Help!
Anyone knows when the anidb scraper was last updated? Cant find some anime with it and if I use the TVDB Scraper it gets kinda complicated with the seasons.
I was trying to add Nanatsu no Taizai, but it only shows the OVA. It cant find Log Horizon 2 or Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

I installed the mod through xbmc and the anime are in the list, but somehow it still cant find those. Did I do anything wrong?

Edit: Seems I forgot to install it from the repo. Works flawlessly~~
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8