Win How to make the Aeon Nox support Chinese
Tongue 
The Aeon Nox is very beautifulRofl
But,in version 3.6.1,Chinese support is not very good.Even if change skin language,Supports only some words.so,Is there any way can get better support Chinese?thanksBlush
Check this out.

Basically, you have to download a chinese font (from here, for example), rename it to "Ubuntu-C.ttf" or "MC360.ttf", and copy it to the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder, replacing the existing font.
将压缩包中的\language\Chinese文件夹改为\language\Chinese (Simple)
(2012-10-16, 07:35)CutSickAss Wrote: Check this out.

Basically, you have to download a chinese font (from here, for example), rename it to "Ubuntu-C.ttf" or "MC360.ttf", and copy it to the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder, replacing the existing font.

Excuse me,I will replacing the existing font after,UI change like this:Angry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(2012-10-16, 09:21)lijack Wrote: 将压缩包中的\language\Chinese文件夹改为\language\Chinese (Simple)

不好意思,请问是那个压缩包?我用自带的插件下载功能下载的皮肤。
(2012-10-16, 09:21)lijack Wrote: 将压缩包中的\language\Chinese文件夹改为\language\Chinese (Simple)

首先,非常感谢您的方法。当我将\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\language里的Chinese文件夹改为\language\Chinese (Simple)后,XBMC能够正常显示中文(基于Korean的字体,如果皮肤自带的会出现口口口)
不过我有一个小问题,当点击电影详情时,中文会变成口口口,请问您也会这样吗?
就像这样:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
OK, the folder was badly named, phil65 fixed that on the GIT version. Also, some symbols (like the dots in the weather info) may not be included in the font you've downloaded, you have to find one that has all of them. This thread had a great font of about 109MB in size that pretty much contained everything, and the link still works, surprisingly! You can download it from here, it contains a few fonts, choose the one you like (I'd suggest aeon_player.ttf).

Now, here's one way to do what you want:
- Go to System -> Appearance -> Skin -> Fonts -> "Skin Default". Wait a moment for the change to take place.
- Go to System -> Appearance -> International -> Language -> "Chinese (Simple)". Wait a moment for the change to take place.
- Exit XBMC.
- Download an appropriate font, like the one I mentioned above (Aeon_uni_fonts.7z).
- Extract it, and copy the font of your choice inside the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder.
- Delete or rename the existing MC360.ttf font, and rename your new font to MC360.ttf.

Open XBMC. It should work like a charm!

EDIT: This works for Nox 4.0. For version 3.6.1 I've posted a revised procedure below.
(2012-10-16, 16:45)CutSickAss Wrote: OK, the folder was badly named, phil65 fixed that on the GIT version. Also, some symbols (like the dots in the weather info) may not be included in the font you've downloaded, you have to find one that has all of them. This thread had a great font of about 109MB in size that pretty much contained everything, and the link still works, surprisingly! You can download it from here, it contains a few fonts, choose the one you like (I'd suggest aeon_player.ttf).

- Go to System -> Appearance -> Skin -> Fonts -> "Skin Default". Wait a moment for the change to take place.
- Go to System -> Appearance -> International -> Language -> "Chinese (Simple)". Wait a moment for the change to take place.
- Exit XBMC.
- Download an appropriate font, like the one I mentioned above (Aeon_uni_fonts.7z).
- Extract it, and copy the font of your choice inside the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder.
- Delete or rename the existing MC360.ttf font, and rename your new font to MC360.ttf.

Excuse me,"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" only have "BebasNeue.ttf","Roboto-BoldCondensed.ttf","Roboto-Condensed.ttf","Ubuntu-C.ttf","Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf".Not have "MC360.ttf".I rename download fonts for "MC360.ttf",But still the original look.Sad
(2012-10-16, 16:45)CutSickAss Wrote: OK, the folder was badly named, phil65 fixed that on the GIT version. Also, some symbols (like the dots in the weather info) may not be included in the font you've downloaded, you have to find one that has all of them. This thread had a great font of about 109MB in size that pretty much contained everything, and the link still works, surprisingly! You can download it from here, it contains a few fonts, choose the one you like (I'd suggest aeon_player.ttf).

- Exit XBMC.

Uh,3# method is effective. XBMC UI can normal display Chinese. But,Like #5, Some fonts change to 口口口. I think,maybe fonts is not full.
This is my set:
把font文件中的字体文件都删掉就可以正常显示,我是汉化作者,但英文不行。请seve_把这个办法用英文发贴。
I didn't notice you were using Nox 3.6.1, sorry, in the newest versions some fonts have been removed. Anyway, what you have to do is select not one font as I said originally, but two, and the second one should be all CAPS. I think aeon_title.ttf is all CAPS, you can just check it by opening the file, if all the letters are Capitalized then that's OK. Name this font "Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf" and copy it to the fonts folder, also the other font should be named "Ubuntu-C.ttf", not MC360.ttf. Here's the procedure for Nox 3.6.1:

- Go to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\language" and rename the folder "Chinese" to "Chinese (Simple)".
- Open XBMC.
- Exit XBMC.
- Extract it, and copy two fonts of your choice (one regural, and one with only capital letters) inside the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder.
- Delete or rename the existing "Ubuntu-C.ttf" and "Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf" fonts.
- Rename your two new fonts to "Ubuntu-C.ttf" and "Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf" respectively.

Open XBMC again, it should work fine.
(2012-10-17, 06:48)lijack Wrote: 把font文件中的字体文件都删掉就可以正常显示,我是汉化作者,但英文不行。请seve_把这个办法用英文发贴。

非常感谢您提供的方法,XBMC终于能正常显示中文了,太高兴了Rofl
其实我英文水平也不行,只是用谷歌和有道翻译成英文罢。希望语句通顺吧:)

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank very much for lijack method,According to his method,Success for XBMC display Chinese!

Step 1:Open "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\language" folder
Step 2:Rename "Chinese" folder to "Chinese(simple)"
Step 3Big Grinelete "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts"
Step 4:Open XBMC
Step 5:Go To System - Appearance - Skin - Fonts - Korean
Step 6:Go To System - Appearance - International - Language - "Chinese (Simple)"

Done!enjoy Perfect for Aeon Nox Smile
(2012-10-17, 06:56)CutSickAss Wrote: I didn't notice you were using Nox 3.6.1, sorry, in the newest versions some fonts have been removed. Anyway, what you have to do is select not one font as I said originally, but two, and the second one should be all CAPS. I think aeon_title.ttf is all CAPS, you can just check it by opening the file, if all the letters are Capitalized then that's OK. Name this font "Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf" and copy it to the fonts folder, also the other font should be named "Ubuntu-C.ttf", not MC360.ttf. Here's the procedure for Nox 3.6.1:

- Go to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\language" and rename the folder "Chinese" to "Chinese (Simple)".
- Open XBMC.
- Exit XBMC.
- Extract it, and copy two fonts of your choice (one regural, and one with only capital letters) inside the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder.
- Delete or rename the existing "Ubuntu-C.ttf" and "Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf" fonts.
- Rename your two new fonts to "Ubuntu-C.ttf" and "Ubuntu-C_CAPS.ttf" respectively.

Open XBMC again, it should work fine.

Thanks for your replySmileI have solved。Method in #11 :-)
But thank you provide methodWink
Here's a saying, if you can't change it, just change yourself. So, why not learn Chinese and then you can use it smoothly.
Hi There, I am also new here. I am using the beast skin (AEON NOX), The chinese character display here as a box only not complete, Please help!Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make the Aeon Nox support Chinese2