Dreambox 500s and XBMC tuxbox
OK new to dreambox guys but not linux, images, sats and xbmc in general.

Have flashed the awesome commando 14.6 on a blackbox 500s (dreambox 500s clone) and everything works as it should and super impressed.

However has anyone any idea why i can't share my streams to my xbmc clients through tuxbox ? I've tried several images and i'm asured i'm using the right local IP, username, password and port but xbmc refuses to see anything. Is there something i'm missing to get that to work >?

Any help appreciated.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
When i tried tuxbox about 1 of 10 channels would work on my DM800 . But try this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125232 VU+ CLient , everyting works and you get all things with that app like record epg ...
Doesnt that only work for enigma 2 boxes ? The Dm500s is an enigma 1 i think.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
ah sorry , did now that . But do you get any channel working with tuxbox? as i said i hade big trouble with it only a few channles was working , but but VU+ all channels works soo i guess tuxbox is not that stable?
I can't get tuxbox to connect to my dreambox dm500s at all Sad
-= My Media Centre =-
not sure if it the same as enigma 2 , but do it work with vlc or some other program in windiows soo you can see that you can access to the box ?
I tried VLC but not really doing it either. Although I think you need an older VLC client which could be my problem there.

Which Enigma 2 box have you got ?
-= My Media Centre =-
Here is a guide to stream to vlc http://ftabeta.com/dreambox-500-s-help/5...g-vlc.html

I have a DM800 clone
Thanks bkam. Think its a lot to do with the image i'm using to be honest. Commando 14.6 seems great as a one box image but i can't see it streaming well at all. They use a different web interface too and i'm convinced, being neutrino based, is where i can't get the tuxbox plugin in xbmc to connect.

What clone are you using and do you rate it ?
-= My Media Centre =-
danz0l http://www.mydalle.com/dreambox-800-hd-v..._p569.html i have this box, it works good exept that the fan in it sound like it want to get out and kill me, soo i am going to change it but other then that the box work really well Smile
I tried same image as you but couldn't get to stream at all.

try other images,
I ended up using a openpli jade image (old image safe for clones) and use to stream every day to upstairs in evening.

I used the top one on the list

Sorry, may have been the second one, you'll have to try.
My point is all images are not equal when it comes to this.
the first image i used would sometimes stream but would then need restarting

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dreambox 500s and XBMC tuxbox0