Win How do I make Repeat One Video the default behaviour?
Hello,
I apologize if this question has been answered, but when i searched, i only saw people wanting to stop the repeat behaviour not set it as the default one on system start-up.
I am setting up a windows 7 powered custom box that when powered on will auto-launch XBMC and start playing a video, or a playlist, and continue to do so until it is shut down at the end of the day.

XBMC is well suited as it can be easily pushed to a second monitor and handles scaling of various video formats much better than most.

My one frustration is that the repeat all or repeat one setting is not only buried, but doesn't appear to stick through a restart of the system or the app.
Even playlists set to repeat, don't.
This system is unattended so needs to run on its own without user input.

I'm really hoping its doable as i am out of options and time, and XBMC appears to be my best choice except for this one issue.

regards,

Peter Rivington
I can confirm that repeat is not a saved function on restart. One questions how repeat gets stuck 'on', if it resets each restart; and it happened to me too...(looping in the music lib brought it on for me) It seems to be a function deep in the innards of XBMC code and unless there's some advancedsetting rules not listed, it's not a user definable function.
I was able to get repeat ALL to stick between XBMC launches, but not repeat one.

You can enable a playlist at start up in settings\skin\general under Startup window. This is when using the default skin Confluence. Unfortunately this did not play repeatedly and now playing did not show up in the context menu while the video was playing. I think all of this needs some further investigation.
Thank you PatK,
it is unfortunate that something that is basic to most movie players (non battery powered ones that is) is missing in such a full featured App.
Since it is ported to so many platforms one would think there would be use for repeating a promo video, or looping through a folder of demo videos without having to set it repeatedly.

I realize the Repeat feature does exist, its just that i need to save the behaviour, since it is being used in an unattended environment. That part is unique.

I had tried VLC but was having issues with running on a second screen. I just remembered about MPC-HC (Media Player Classic) and just gave it a try and so far its working.
Because its Windows only it has a Repeat forever or x times Playback option which is what i need.

Thanks for your prompt response,

privington
Well repeat does work, and unattended endless looping is part of that, it's just that it functions only on start. I can see the value of this for video installations, but never needed the 'unattended from boot' automated aspect of your request (feature request?). I have to admit XBMC would be a powerhouse at a lot of shows if this was implemented; workmen could throw the hardware together and when powered up it just 'goes'.

I was going to suggest some alt media player, but was hoping a dev would chime in with the golden ticket. (they still might).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make Repeat One Video the default behaviour?0