Optimize remote mappings for users
It seems to make sense to update the userdata file to only include the items that are being overruled.

It looks great but for me it adds a lot of unneccesary keybindings, because I do not (can not ever) use PVR.

Maybe it would make sense to change the topic to be more clear that this is for MCE remotes and includes PVR
@zag

Yes! Please do. :-)

@Kibje
It doesn't work that way unfortunately... I need to override all buttons in all sections to make a remote.xml in userdata work...
the one for system folder contains only the buttons and is easier to read.

This is for all remotes, not only MCE remotes... the remote.xml affects all remotes that use it... like CEC, eventlircd, lircd remotes.
Remotes using keyboard.xml and send keyboard presses are not affected...
If I've helped you, hit me with some points...

OpenELEC rTorrent Service addon HERE
Optimized remote.xml HERE

didn't really look into this, but you might consider sending a PR on github for broader review and possible inclusion in Xbmc.
I have been testing this for the last few days and I retract my doubts.
I personally find that this remote.xml has some significant improvements over the default we ship currently.
Please create a PR for this.

If you need help with creating a pull request you can contact me over PM and I can make it for you.
Agreed, I've been using this as my keymap on 3 different systems.

Works really well.

Kibje, please make the PR
Done: I created PR2778
hello,

im realy new in xbmc and i just wanted to have my green button from my mce remote to take me to the homepage..
after reading a 100 websites and forums i just cant understand how i have to make this work?
can you please help me?
Look over att openelec forum , jenkins have this and more working in his remote.xml
For Openelec you just copy remote.xml to userdata/keymap and reboot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimize remote mappings for users1