Mini ITX Motherboard Recommendation
Hi There

I've got a couple of Raspberry PI XBMC devices which I use as clients on TV's in my house, I'm looking to build a "master" XBMC unit on a Mini ITX platform, I've searched the forum extensively and there doesn't seem to be a clear winner with regards to a Mini ITX based systems, I've looked at the Asrock / Saphire E350M1, Intel DN2800MT and also really like the Zotac D2700-ITX but this isn't available locally. My only prerequisite is that the platform supports video and audio over the HDMI port.

The Intel Nuc also looks nice but carries quite a hefty price tag and I'm not 100% sure if it works without any hiccups when XBMC is installed, the Zotac Zbox and Acer Revo also look like good options but again I cannot source these locally.

I installed Frodo (Intel / Nvidia build) on an old HP Proliant DV9000 notebook but have battled to get the HDMI audio working, I initially didn't even have video but after fiddling with the xorg.conf file I managed to get Video but no audio and this seems to be a common problem with Intel / Nvidia and XBMC, is this a limitation on the kernel or is it only with specific Nvidia GPU's? The DV9000 is really only a test platform for me to play with and I'd like to build a proper XBMC HTPC as per above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini ITX Motherboard Recommendation0