Is it possible to set TVDB scraper to ignore part of a filename? [SOLVED]
I am using Bradvido88's MyLibrary addon to add videos from my Amazon Prime account to my xbmc library. Movies are working fine... XBMC is picking up the movie information great. I am running into a problem with episodes naming. The episodes that are pulled from Amazon are named in this format: Series.name.season.#/season.#/s##e## - title.strm. Because the root folder for the series has "season.#" in the title, theTVDB scraper is not able to properly identify it.

Is it possible to TheTVDB scraper to ignore the "season.#" part of a title? They only problem I could see is if a series is actually called something-"Season". Rofl
Try creating an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <cleanstrings action="prepend">
      <regexp>season[. _]\d+$</regexp>
    </cleanstrings>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
That should clean off any "Season.#" from the end (and only the end) of the folder name before any scraper sees it.

(If you've already made an advancedsettings.xml file, you just need to add the <video>...</video> part inside your existing <advancedsettings> tags... And if you've already got <video> tags, then just add the <cleanstrings> part inside them... And if you've already got <cleanstrings> tags, etc.)
Worked like a charm. You are the man.
Thank you!

After (i believe) reading the whole google, this finally works.

Some of my directory names contain information about a shows language, eg:

/How I met your mother (EN)/Season 1/
/Star Trek (DE)/Season 1/

or (DL) if both audiotracks are available.

As its seen as part of the shows name, the scraping did not work, and it did not show up in my lib.

After I cleaned the names up via
Code:
<cleanstrings action="append">
    <regexp> \([ED][ENL]\)$</regexp>            
</cleanstrings>
the scraping works.

Now all those shows are in the main language set in the source, but i can change it by reloading the information.

I just post it here, as it maybe useful for someone struggling with the same problem.

Shoud it make any difference in this case if i used prepend?
(2012-10-17, 15:20)scudlee Wrote: Try creating an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <cleanstrings action="prepend">
      <regexp>season[. _]\d+$</regexp>
    </cleanstrings>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
That should clean off any "Season.#" from the end (and only the end) of the folder name before any scraper sees it.

(If you've already made an advancedsettings.xml file, you just need to add the <video>...</video> part inside your existing <advancedsettings> tags... And if you've already got <video> tags, then just add the <cleanstrings> part inside them... And if you've already got <cleanstrings> tags, etc.)

For some reason, in FRODO, this is no longer working.

NM. Changed "prepend" to "append" and it is working.
Changed the "prepend" to "append" and now it works under Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to set TVDB scraper to ignore part of a filename? [SOLVED]0