Message to freezy: Are you still working on the Android Remote
(2012-11-13, 22:00)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 21:33)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: I don't really understand how git's work and stuff, but my remote has stopped working since i upped to frodo alpha 7. Is there anything I can do with the files in the repo to get it working again?

No.
But you can temporary use the build from tombriden
https://github.com/tombriden/android-xbm.../downloads

I thank you not only for your time but for pointing me to a useful link as well.
Great job on the remote, it works really well.

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but is it possible to get spotify search in the android app please?

Im currently running spotyxbmc2 and it works really well, i can see my starred music from the web interface. But the one thing i would really like to see is spotify search.
(2012-11-13, 22:00)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 21:33)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: I don't really understand how git's work and stuff, but my remote has stopped working since i upped to frodo alpha 7. Is there anything I can do with the files in the repo to get it working again?

No.
But you can temporary use the build from tombriden
https://github.com/tombriden/android-xbm.../downloads

This build gives the same error. Sounds like you're nearly ready though so I'll just wait Smile Thanks!
Gism0,

I encountered the same problem when I tried to install.

You must empty the cache remove "sdcar/xbmc" content, uninstall the old version of xbmc remote control and finaly reboot the smartphone before installing this new version.

After a while ?! it working well
Ah thank you! Somehow it just worked today Smile
The clearing of cache and rebooting seemed to solve it for me Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Hi, I downloaded TomBriden's version 0.10.5 from GitHub (link posted earlier - thanks) after playing with the official released remote from google's play store (I believe it was version 0.8.8) yet I'm getting the same "error" though the remote seems to function OK.

The error/exception is the following,

I/O Exception (java.io.FileNotFoundException)

http://192.168.2.106:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcH...SystemInfo (120)

Is this a known issue or do I need to do something particular to get it resolved.

Thanks !!
(2012-11-24, 21:21)tfft Wrote: Hi, I downloaded TomBriden's version 0.10.5 from GitHub (link posted earlier - thanks) after playing with the official released remote from google's play store (I believe it was version 0.8.8) yet I'm getting the same "error" though the remote seems to function OK.

The error/exception is the following,

I/O Exception (java.io.FileNotFoundException)

http://192.168.2.106:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcH...SystemInfo (120)

Is this a known issue or do I need to do something particular to get it resolved.

Thanks !!

I was getting the same error, I deleted the old app twice and installed the new app twice, second time lucky I guess. I got the error when I installed it the second time but restarted the app and it connected fine....

Thanks Guys for the link to the working app.
(2012-11-25, 03:42)balticquarter Wrote: I was getting the same error, I deleted the old app twice and installed the new app twice, second time lucky I guess.

I uninstalled the "official" 0.8.8 version, rebooted and installed the 0.10.5 twice so far and I'm still getting the exception. I guess I need to continue to uninstall/reinstall the newer APK to see if that changes anything though it would be nice to know why this problem is occruing anyway.

In passing, are there interim _freezy_ APKs available somewhere for us to try ?

Thanks.
I've just built a new version, 0.10.6, which may fix the FileNotFoundException. I can't be sure though as i've not seen the error before.
(2012-11-26, 10:06)Tom. Wrote: I've just built a new version, 0.10.6, which may fix the FileNotFoundException. I can't be sure though as i've not seen the error before.

Downloading right now. Hope it works. Don't like Yatse all that much. Thanks Tom.
(2012-11-26, 10:06)Tom. Wrote: I've just built a new version, 0.10.6, which may fix the FileNotFoundException.

I confirm that the errors are gone for me at least. Will try to use it more extensively to report back issues (if any).

Well done and Regards.
I been using yatse for a long time cuz the this remote was kind of dead but I find that yatse give us more funtions I'm glad to see there is still working on this project I wll keep an eye here for future release , but so far I like more yatse
(2012-11-27, 13:05)warlion Wrote: I find that yatse give us more functions I'm glad to see there is still working on this project I will keep an eye here for future release, but so far I like more yatse

I gave Yatse a try - I like their icons, etc but find their buttons a bit too small for casual use (you have to look at the remote to make sure you press the right exact small'ish area). Though this effort ought to mimic some of their icons in lieu of the drab circles and tiny text below it (function wise, I thought they were very similar).

Yatse from what I read is not open sourced which is a huge drawback for me - I'd rather debug, help and promote an open source minded effort.

BTW: this is NOT meant to start a "mine is better than yours" discussion, its really meant to say that there are things in Yatse which one ought to learn from and even try to adopt.

Regards.
I'm happy to step up here and act as a "release manager" of sorts to try and unite these forks.

I guess a good starting point would be to fork based on tombridens tree and pull in all the other good stuff that is hanging around, port the change requests outstanding against freezy's tree and then tag it, update the descriptions and put out a release.

And repeat and get the mainline version moving again.

If anyone is interested please let me know....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Message to freezy: Are you still working on the Android Remote0