Video Library in settings.xml
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this - let me know if it isn't.

Basically I am writing a plugin and I want to be able to have TV Shows in my library accessible via my settings.xml file. I want these shows to be a simple boolean field which the user can set to True/False on a per show basis (I also want to do this for TV Show Genres but I would imagine any solution would be similar for both). The list of shows/genres that are set to True should then be accessible via my main script (although I imagine this is just a case of using pythons XML parsing which hopefully shouldn't be too hard).

First of all I don't even know if what I want to do is possible. I have read a few places about programmatically creating the settings.xml file but this seems to need a separate addon script to do this and I want to (if possible) have it run from a file internally within my addon (i.e. settings.py or something like that).
Furthermore, if I can create the settings file programmatically will the users choices be saved after they have made them?

Any pointers anyone can provide on where to get started with this would be greatly appreciated - as I really have no idea where to even begin (Or even if it is possible!).

Thanks in advance,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library in settings.xml0