comskip support for recordings?
hi,

does the api currently support comskip for recordings, if not could this please be added?

i spoke to sub(3) from nextpvr about adding support to this in nextpvr addon, but he couldnt see how to do this in the current api.

basically using comskip it creates a edl file which has timestamps of start/end of commercials/ads

if you play these files from the videos\files the comskip stuff works, but not if you play them from live tv \ recordings.

TIA
xbmc already support reading edl from harddisk, but it seems several pvr plugins streams the content rather than read from HD so XBMC never sees those EDL files.

I guest one would have the extend the api so the plugin can pass on the EDL to xbmc.
how would one go about requesting this be added to the api?

would be really nice to get this in there
I use Comskip for recordings created from tvheadend. Once the recording finishes, I have a post-processing script run Comskip to create the .edl file and also create .nfo file for XBMC, which uses the metadata provided by tvheadend to populate the XML in the .nfo file. XBMC then imports the data directly into the library.

I also record in TS format to achieve something resembling timeshifting, which works reasonably well playing a file which is currently being recorded and seeking to skip commercials manually.
sure thats a work around, but this should be included in the PVR api. most users wont want to have to import recordings just to get comskip edl files working.
(2012-10-19, 11:45)rcoltrane Wrote: I use Comskip for recordings created from tvheadend. Once the recording finishes, I have a post-processing script run Comskip to create the .edl file and also create .nfo file for XBMC, which uses the metadata provided by tvheadend to populate the XML in the .nfo file. XBMC then imports the data directly into the library.

I also record in TS format to achieve something resembling timeshifting, which works reasonably well playing a file which is currently being recorded and seeking to skip commercials manually.

Would you be willing to share a howto on tvheadend + xbmc + comskip ?
indeed, im interested in this scrips aswell!
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
Smile 

Of course, it's kinda interesting.
I'd also like to see .edl files supported from Live-TV->Recordings. Resume is also something I miss.
This feature now seems to be available for frodo. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1743
(2012-12-26, 16:10)theli Wrote: This feature now seems to be available for frodo. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1743
You can patch current Frodo with it but it won't officially be there until after Frodo.
I think it's only mythtv addon that support it.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Is this feature available in XBMC 13.0 Alpah1 now?
No still needs to be manually patched.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Is this feature coming to Gotham Public Beta? (is it on the list of things to be done?)

I'd like to use Comskip now that I'm using XBMC ServerWMC / PVR MCE full time.
EDL should already be supported when using WMC addon because we use files, and XBMC already looks for and uses EDL data alongside files. Is it not working for you?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
comskip support for recordings?1