Does Your Asrock Ion 330HT do this ?
Hey.
Does anybody else's Asrock 330 spark like this when plugging in or removing the power cord ?

Does anyone know what it could be ?

Video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIUcEZha...ata_player

Regards M.
I don't own one of those, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's NOT NORMAL. Have you contacted customer support? There's no way in hell that is acceptable performance of a consumer product so I would definitely call their customer support.
Hey. I've just sent them a message through support on their website this morning.

I did Message them once before about the nic not being able to sync at gigabit and causing the system to choke unless i used a command to force 100mbit! But I just got fobbed off so I'm not holding my breath about this issue.

I'm out of warranty but I'll see what they say.

Smile
Yes, my Asrock 330 does that, it's because the metal backplate is connected to ground and if the barrel on the plug makes contact with it as you plug it in then a circuit is formed. The answer is to plug the power adapter into the 330 before switching on the mains. Bad design on Asrocks part but mine hasn't exploded yet Smile
Yeh it is a bad design Smile

I was hoping to sell it on eBay but if someone buys it and sees the sparking they will think I've sold them a dodgy one ha!!
I think mine does that too, however it should be really easy to fix with a bit of insulation tape Smile The rear panel is really easy to dissasemble, if I get some time I'll do it and post my findings Smile
I was actually thinking about that today while I was inside it taking the fan controller out Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Your Asrock Ion 330HT do this ?0