open elec
Can you try openelec from usb without installing it? or can you run openelec from the usb stick alone? I currently have crystalbuntu but wanted to check out openelec on my atv1 with crystal HD card.

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-10-18, 15:31)rflores2323 Wrote: Can you try openelec from usb without installing it? or can you run openelec from the usb stick alone? I currently have crystalbuntu but wanted to check out openelec on my atv1 with crystal HD card.

you know there's a whole wiki page that explains that?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
oh hellz.. I should know better.
Openelec was designed to be run off of flash memory. Check out the wiki and it'll explain how to install it. Basically, you'll need 2 flash sticks. One as an installer and the other to install to.
And please note, if you install to HD it wipes the whole disk.
thats the thing. I dont want to install to HD. I want to run it off a USB stick and still have crystalbuntu installed on the HD.
(2012-10-18, 19:06)rflores2323 Wrote: thats the thing. I dont want to install to HD. I want to run it off a USB stick and still have crystalbuntu installed on the HD.

You will need 2 USB sticks. On Stick 'A' you will create the installer, and set bios to boot to it.

When you get to the install menu, it will show you 2 HDD's... one being your physical HDD, and the other being Stick 'B'. Choose to install to Stick 'B' and that's it.

Remove Stick 'A' and set bios to boot to Stick 'B'... Openelec should boot right up.

I ran Openelec on a USB for about a year... then switched to XBMCbuntu when I got a SSD so I can play with pre-Frodo builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
open elec0