• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)
(2013-01-30, 03:44)endtheme Wrote: I do not see any metadata on any of the podcasts I have looked at, except for the title. No description or date is displayed in any of the different Confluence views.

Thats because confluence has no view with the content-type "video" which shows metadata. You need to open the info-dialog (with the info-key, "i" on keyboard) to see the metadata for the selected item.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Nice addon, thx! Smile
I am getting a crash as well. Here is the debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32478.

This add-on is amazing, keep up the good work!
Love the add-on. I have two computers (different hardware) with identical software (os etc) and it works on one, but not on the other. The relevant part of the xbmc.log is below. If there is anything I can provide please let me know. Thank you!

08:45:56 T:140337708939008 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
08:45:56 T:140337708939008 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:45:56 T:140337708939008 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SystemError'>
Error Contents: dynamic module not initialized properly
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/addon.py", line 21, in <module>
from resources.lib.api import \
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/resources/lib/api.py", line 24, in <module>
import feedparser
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/script.module.feedparser/lib/feedparser.py", line 198, in <module>
xml.sax.make_parser(PREFERRED_XML_PARSERS) # test for valid parsers
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 81, in make_parser
return _create_parser(parser_name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 105, in _create_parser
drv_module = __import__(parser_name,{},{},['create_parser'])
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/drv_libxml2.py", line 67, in <module>
import libxml2
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libxml2.py", line 1, in <module>
import libxml2mod
SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly
-->End of Python script error report<--
08:45:56 T:140339055982464 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/audio/podcasts/by-genre/1301/
08:45:56 T:140339055982464 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/audio/podcasts/by-genre/1301/) failed
08:45:56 T:140337708939008 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

(2013-02-03, 22:14)MongarEric Wrote: I am getting a crash as well. Here is the debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32478.

This add-on is amazing, keep up the good work!
sorry I overlooked your post. How did you start the Add-on (maybe via any kind of Smartphone App)?

(2013-02-10, 22:07)nzbob Wrote: Love the add-on. I have two computers (different hardware) with identical software (os etc) and it works on one, but not on the other. The relevant part of the xbmc.log is below. If there is anything I can provide please let me know. Thank you!
Strange, looks like your Linux has no libxml2 installed but Python tries to load the c module. Could you try installing libxml2 (or something like libxml2-dev) via your OS packet manager?
Please report back, I see some related error reports!
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks for looking at this and responding!

It seems like libxml2 is installed and up to date on the machine:

$ dpkg --get-selections | grep libxml2
libxml2 install
python-libxml2 install

$ apt-show-versions libxml2
libxml2/precise-security uptodate 2.7.8.dfsg-5.1ubuntu4.3

$ apt-show-versions python-libxml2
python-libxml2/precise-security uptodate 2.7.8.dfsg-5.1ubuntu4.3

Out of interest I have a second machine (laptop) on which the add on functions fine so I checked that for versions of libxml2, and it's identical to the above Confused.

Let me know if you have other ideas or things I could test on this end to help track down what it might be. I'm very happy to and I would love to get it to work! BTW - I have tried the usual suspects of uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin and xbmc, reboot etc.
You could try a few things:
Code:
# install the alternative Python package installer
apt-get install python-pip

# install the python module feedparser which is used by my add-on.
# If this installs any other package then feedparser there was a req missing
pip install feedparser  

# start the python module feedparser, this should give no error.
# You will see a new prompt if everything works as expected
python -m feedparser
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
As suggested, tried:

Code:
$ sudo pip install feedparser
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): feedparser in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Cleaning up...
$ python -m feedparser
$

However, the same error still happens?
I made a favorite shortcut for it on the home menu.

*edit - That appears to be the problem, launching it directly works.
(2013-02-12, 03:49)MongarEric Wrote: I made a favorite shortcut for it on the home menu.

*edit - That appears to be the problem, launching it directly works.

Yes, this won't work at the moment.
This is a "multi content" Add-on, means, that it can be started from the music and video section. It detects from where it got started and decides if it should show video- or music podcasts. Problem is, when started from the favourites menu - it isn't started from either video or music Wink

I've already implemented a workaround for this (xbmc core) design problem but the update isn't released yet.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Radio 24 podcast in italian section don't work anymore, maybe because radio24 has new website with new links. thanks for this wonderful plugin.
Thanks for the awesome plugin.

I've added a lot of podcasts to the 'My Podcasts' list, but only 6 maximum seem to show up. I see in my appdata folder that all of them are listed in the my_podcasts.json file, they just don't show up in the list past 6.

Edit: I found the 'missing' My Podcasts after launching the addon from the Video addon link rather than the Audio addon link. I originally added them via Audio though (and they happen to be audio only podcasts)...
(2013-02-20, 03:57)carax Wrote: Radio 24 podcast in italian section don't work anymore, maybe because radio24 has new website with new links. thanks for this wonderful plugin.
The podcast is separated from the website layout. Every provider (radio24 in that case) is self responsible for its podcasts - I can't change/fix that. I think the problem will be solved by radio24 soon.

(2013-02-20, 05:01)zachmorris Wrote: Thanks for the awesome plugin.

I've added a lot of podcasts to the 'My Podcasts' list, but only 6 maximum seem to show up. I see in my appdata folder that all of them are listed in the my_podcasts.json file, they just don't show up in the list past 6.

Edit: I found the 'missing' My Podcasts after launching the addon from the Video addon link rather than the Audio addon link. I originally added them via Audio though (and they happen to be audio only podcasts)...

Correct, I only show the "My Podcasts" in the correct context so music podcasts won't be shown in the video part and vice versa.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
i cant get any of the ESPN audio podcast to work is there a work around
(2013-02-26, 04:36)acegutta22 Wrote: i cant get any of the ESPN audio podcast to work is there a work around

confirmed and fixed, thanks for reporting!

Btw, ESPN stations deliver the string "null" (not an empty field or int 0) for the size of the media-file, bad.

The fix will be available in the next update.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)4