Asus AT5IONT-i headless XBMC
Hi all,
I have an Asus AT5IONT-I based XBMC which I use only for Audio.
A week ago I bough an Ipad xbmc remote control app and decided to remove the attached monitor which I was using just to visualise my audio library anyway.
The problem now is that the system is not starting without a monitor attached to it.
Do you guys happen to know if this problem is related to the motherboard itself or with XBMC? No relevant BIOS setup options in this direction.
Google was not competent enough to answer this question so I am asking you Smile
Thank you in advance.
Some MBs will not boot without a display device attached. I'd suggest you contact Asus and ask them if your MB can be run in a headless configuration.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Thank you wsume99.
HTPC 1: Asus AT5ION, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB Corsair SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case;
HTPC 2: Asus AT3ION, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB Corsair SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case;
HTPC 3: ASRock A330, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB OCZ SSD, MCE Remote, Custom Case;
Here is the answer I have just receibed from ASUS technical support:

Quote:Dear Mister .............,
Thank you for your trust in our technical support.

Concerning your email regarding your ASUS AT5IONT-I, it is with regret that I inform you that the headless BIOS system functions with most ASUS Motherboards, excluding smaller multimedia systems such as the ASUS AT5IONT-I.

Due to the fact that this system doesn't have the required port ( RS232 ). At the same time, there is no option in the BIOS for a LAN Boot over a configured Network.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Arpi

It is a shame that relatively not that cheap board is missing such a trivial functions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus AT5IONT-i headless XBMC0