NzbDrone...an Alternative to Sickbeard
(2013-11-09, 19:22)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 18:26)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-11-08, 21:43)saitoh183 Wrote: Why would you want to exit? Do you mean shut it down? If you installed it as a service , then stopping the service will close the program.

Yes, shut it down. I'm not running as a service right now.

then all you need to do is close the program with the icon thats in the taskbar area (next to time)

OK, thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Would it be possible to port nzbdrone to FreeBSD/Freenas?
(2013-11-13, 22:40)raidflex Wrote: Would it be possible to port nzbdrone to FreeBSD/Freenas?

Not until you have mono running on FreeBSD/FreeNas as it is dotnet based and requires mono to work.
So, i've checked this out and I really like the interface. Sadly, I can't use it as I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get this running at start on Linux. Well, it seems to start just fine, but I am running this program on my local server, so I don't actually access the interface from localhost:/ The only way I can get access is if I manually run "sudo mono /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe". If I run as a start up or without the sudo before it I can' access the program remotely.

Anybody that got this working want to help me out?
my /etc/init/nzbdrone.conf looks like this
Code:
author "Simon Tallmyr - Nosscire"
description "Upstart Script to run NzbDrone as a service on Ubuntu/Debian based systems, as well as others"

#Set username for the process. Should probably be what you use for logging in
setuid xbmc

#This is the install directory. If you installed using a deb package or the NzbDrone Repository you do not need to change this
env DIR=/opt/NzbDrone

setgid nogroup
start on runlevel [2345]
stop on runlevel [016]

respawn

exec mono $DIR/NzbDrone.exe
Yeah, I have the exact same thing. NzbDrone runs just fine with that setup, with the exception of having no external access to the web interface. Same thing if enter "mono /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe" without the sudo. NzbDrone starts just fine, I just can't access it.
You shouldn't need to run NzbDrone as root, I tried running it on ubuntu server 12.04 last night and could access it remotely without root. I just had to open the port on firewall.
I assume you guys have your port opened on the firewall (Linux firewall)

if you have and still having issues can you tell me which distro you are running, that way I could do some tests.
Ubuntu 13.04, minimal install. I don't think it is a firewall issue. I can access sickbeard/sabnzbd/couchpotato/etc. on the same server just fine.
Why are apps so slow to add NzbDrone support? It's surpassed Sickbeard in my view
user base probably
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-12-15, 17:06)PogMoThoin Wrote: Why are apps so slow to add NzbDrone support? It's surpassed Sickbeard in my view

regardless of your own personal opinion on the state of the app. nzbdrone runs on far fewer platforms, MUCH smaller userbase.. its picking up some users here and there but most people are pretty happy with sickbeard. I would honestly see more support for XDM over nzbdrone just because of the nature of its underline platform choices.
There is a bug/missing feature in Pushbullet, it will not let you add with the device ID blank to send notification to all devices. This is the way Couchpotato handles all devices, you need to allow it or add a button for all devices
For the interested, Anime support for NZBDrone has been added and is ready for testing

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NzbDrone...an Alternative to Sickbeard1