Win No audio on AAC files
Made the mistake of messing about with a few nightly builds, and eventually went back to Eden. Now i have lost audio on all my aac encoded video files.

Have tried all the audio settings with no joy. Any ideas?
Try deleting the guisettings.xml to ensure there isn't a rogue setting left over from the nightly, this does mean however you have re-enter all the settings so make a note of any changes you've done from the defaults.
(2012-10-19, 20:50)jjd-uk Wrote: Try deleting the guisettings.xml to ensure there isn't a rogue setting left over from the nightly, this does mean however you have re-enter all the settings so make a note of any changes you've done from the defaults.

Could you explain more please, i don't know what you mean. Thanks for the reply though
He is referring to a file located in your userdata folder. That file stores all the various settings you set in XBMC settings.
hi yes i get that part, what will i have to re enter though
Deleting the guisettings.xml will return anything set under System -> Settings to default, so any changes from defaults under there will require re-entering, this will include all the video and audio settings.
Ah, no problemo.

Cheers will give that a go thanks.

Will report back.
If that doesn't work then you'll likely need to post a debug log to pastebin to get any further assistance.
Hi that sorted it thanks.

One more quick question before i start another thread, now i have always used adjust refresh rate. But now it is jaggy when selected and works better without.

Why would this have changed?

edit, think this maybe to do with the fullscreen window option
Right. Run in true fullscreen for the best video output.
Will do, cheers for the help guys. So quick too.
fixed my issue...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio on AAC files0