Bug Can´t delete timer, Remote buttins + Tuning long time.
Windows 7 64-bit
XBMC Running latest nightly + PVR add-on downloaded tonight from http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html

Mediaportal 1.30 Alpha server + TVServerXBMC plugin v1.2.3.116

I don´t know if it is a known bug, but from XBMC I can add a new recording/timer, but not delete it. It says the PVR backend does not support it.
What can I do to solve this problem?

Tuning a channel takes 3-4 times longer than with Media Portal is this a known bug?

One more thing :-)
I am currently using Mediaportal both client/server and a Hauppauge MCE remote and it is working perfect for Mediaportal without I had to change anything.
What about XBMC? I have enabled the MCE Remote add-on, but It seems that only very few buttons is working.

Examples of buttons I use in Mediaportal, but does not do anything in XBMC:
Button that enters "recordings"
Button that shows "EPG Timeline"
Button that enters "Live TV" no matter what else is showing within Mediaportal

But also other buttons :-(

Delete timer:
I can confirm the "Delete timer" problem for some timers. The PVR addon does not know which schedule it should delete when the timer is coupled to an EPG item.
I'm working on a solution...

Tuning a channel:
This is not a bug and I can't change it easily.
Use the addon in "TSReader" mode (default) for the shortest channel switch time.
Furthermore, you could try to enable the addon's "Fast channel switching" option, but beware that this will break SD<->HD channel switching.

MCE Remote:
Can't help you with this. I don't have an MCE remote. Furthermore, this is not a MediaPortal pvr addon problem, so I would suggest to ask this somewhere else on the forum.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2012-10-20, 18:32)margro Wrote: Delete timer:
I can confirm the "Delete timer" problem for some timers. The PVR addon does not know which schedule it should delete when the timer is coupled to an EPG item.
I'm working on a solution...

- Thank you very much margro your the man!

Tuning a channel:
This is not a bug and I can't change it easily.
Use the addon in "TSReader" mode (default) for the shortest channel switch time.
Furthermore, you could try to enable the addon's "Fast channel switching" option, but beware that this will break SD<->HD channel switching.

- I´ll just be patient and check if this improves over time then. Mediaportal server and the XBMC client on same pc and timeshifting is on SSD the system disk C:

MCE Remote:
Can't help you with this. I don't have an MCE remote. Furthermore, this is not a MediaPortal pvr addon problem, so I would suggest to ask this somewhere else on the forum.

- Ok I understand :-). Not a big problem until I might change to XBMC for my main HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can´t delete timer, Remote buttins + Tuning long time.0