best all in one but small htpc?
I am looking at a all in one system, I need it to play anything I can throw at it. 1080p, 3d, blu-ray with menus when/if xbmc gets to that point. I am also looking at roms as I have a couple usb to nes/snes connectors. (google retrozone)

it would be nice if I could stick it behind my tv as well.
So, you don't mean the kind of "all-in-one" where the computer is built into a monitor?

What's your definition of an "all-in-one"?
(2012-10-20, 03:06)Dougie Fresh Wrote: So, you don't mean the kind of "all-in-one" where the computer is built into a monitor?

What's your definition of an "all-in-one"?

everything but monitor keyboard and mouse
Atom Ion maybe, ROMs would be my concern. No one knows what bd menus might take much less 3D (y?). Certainly small enough though, the Asus Ion is pretty nice IMO. ARM might work but it's early yet...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2012-10-20, 02:15)intertan Wrote: I am looking at a all in one system, I need it to play anything I can throw at it. 1080p, 3d, blu-ray with menus when/if xbmc gets to that point. I am also looking at roms as I have a couple usb to nes/snes connectors. (google retrozone)

it would be nice if I could stick it behind my tv as well.
Intel Core i5-3470S 2.9GHz Ivy Bridge Quad Core Mini-ITX PC Kit......you'll have the latest and the greatest Intel iVy Bridge CPU...... it's tiny, and they sell mounting bracket to mount behind HDTV too....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This case which is VESA mountable is available as a barebones as well.

With the i5-3470S it'd be right around the same price as bluray's posting though it comes standard with the bracket so it does not need to be purchased separately. There's also an i3-3225, i3-3220T, etc. configuration available as well (from G530 to i7-3770S actually).

Would you be ok with installing the SSD and software? If not then you're looking for a full HTPC?

(2012-10-20, 05:43)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Of course, no one knows that yet but me Smile
Actually, I saw it on the net many times- Realan Aluminum ITX case.....here is a complete detail of it- E-MINI series k3....made in Guangdong China....
(2012-10-20, 06:12)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-20, 05:43)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Of course, no one knows that yet but me Smile
Actually, I saw it on the net many times- Realan Aluminum ITX case.....here is a complete detail of it- E-MINI series k3....made in Guangdong China....

Sorry, I meant no one know but me that you can get the E-K3 as a barebones because I only made it available tonight about an hour ago. Anyway, I edited my post to stop trying to be funny when I am not Big Grin. I like the kit you picked -- it is very similar.

[Edit]Actually make that 30 seconds ago I'd forgotten to press "Publish". What happened to the days when Friday night meant going out for beers?

(2012-10-20, 05:43)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Would you be ok with installing the SSD and software? If not then you're looking for a full HTPC?
They offered a complete Intel® Core™ i5-3470S HTPC with SSD, Wireless N, Bluetooth, Windows 7 64-bit, etc for $800....E350 HTPC

(2012-10-20, 06:16)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Sorry, I meant no one know but me that you can get the E-K3 as a barebones because I only made it available tonight about an hour ago.
I see....

It's funny you posted this tonight as I was spec'ing out mine. It's nearly identical (except the case of course). I like mitxpc. They're good Smile.
(2012-10-20, 06:16)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Sorry, I meant no one know but me that you can get the E-K3 as a barebones because I only made it available tonight about an hour ago.

This one is really nice
E-MINI series Q8
Do you guys think a AMD A10-5700 (65W) would be a good idea in this case?
I can´t seem to find a shop for this case? Is it too new?
I hope there will be a Mini-ITX A85X mainboard soon. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best all in one but small htpc?0