• 2(current)
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K
(2012-10-26, 19:18)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Even in my drunkest moments I would not order a plastic PC case Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Damn!

Mixing silicon and beer has been an expensive weakness for some time now.
That's ok, I've come to the idea it's engrained in my genetic code to only desire aluminum PC cases. The first step is admitting I have a problem. The second step apparently is to order cartons of them from China directly.

i.e. I have a nice steel microATX receiver-style case for my living room HTPC and everytime the Lian-Li PC-C50B goes on sale I've got it in my cart ready to buy and somehow I back down.
Guys, is the difference between asrock and msi (FM2) boards hearable ? I mean Asrock has THX and MSI not.
Thanks
This week everything should come together if I'm lucky enough with the motherboard since NCIX told me it is expected to be in stock on the 30th Smile

looking great!!
Mmmm the pictures remind me of something..... congrats.... Smile you are going to trow that 3tb HD in there?
Nah, forgot to take it out of the pict. It was for the NAS. running on 3go free for 2 weeks now. About time I grab an additional 3TB. SSD should come this week too.
(2012-10-26, 14:56)PV_XBMC Wrote: I have also NAS Synology and HTPC with XBMC and I am thinking about purchase DVB-S2 card for live TV in my XBMC thru some backend TV. I think that I will install backend SW to PC where I will have DVB-S2 card. I am not understand purpose of backend SW in Synology and TV card in HTPC... I think, great thing will be backend SW in Synology and DVB-S2 tuner in Synology via USB, but I think, that it is not possible.

Xexiz, please, could you answer this, I am interested in similar thing. Thanks.
I know nothing about DVB-S2 thing as I'm ATSC here in Canada but my TVTuner is not a card that has to be in a computer, its an HDHomerun 3 (simply connect the antenna and the ethernet and you're ready to go). But my main goal having the TVHeadend (backend) and TvTuner (backend hardware) running on my NAS is that it's realiable, always Up and running and accessible from work. This way I can program anything from anywhere, and I don't have to always let my HTPC with XBMC (frontend) turned on and the goal of my htpc is to be the front end and only the front end. I do not want my htpc spending 30% of it's juce running a TV server and all that. That's why I wanted to drop this all on the NAS and as far as I can read it is becoming a trend since our NAS are there to be up 100% of the time Wink

Hope this answers your question.
(2012-10-29, 17:49)Xexiz Wrote: I know nothing about DVB-S2 thing as I'm ATSC here in Canada but my TVTuner is not a card that has to be in a computer, its an HDHomerun 3 (simply connect the antenna and the ethernet and you're ready to go). But my main goal having the TVHeadend (backend) and TvTuner (backend hardware) running on my NAS is that it's realiable, always Up and running and accessible from work. This way I can program anything from anywhere, and I don't have to always let my HTPC with XBMC (frontend) turned on and the goal of my htpc is to be the front end and only the front end. I do not want my htpc spending 30% of it's juce running a TV server and all that. That's why I wanted to drop this all on the NAS and as far as I can read it is becoming a trend since our NAS are there to be up 100% of the time Wink

Hope this answers your question.

Yes, this way - backend SW running on NAS and HW connected to NAS is definitely best possibility...perhaps for near future.... Initially, I think from your previous posts, that you want install SW backend on Synology and tuner is some card, that must be in PC, that confuse me.

Thanks.
I currently / temporarly installed HDHR3 on my Personal Win7 computer and recording with WMC (easiest way, no setup to do). Meanwhile i'll start assembling the HTPC this week (finger crossed) but XBMC seems pretty hard to make it work with a PVR addon and still is not ready I think. So I might keep the "TV/PVR" portion out of my HTPC for now and simply record on my computer until a clear path is defined. Tried to installed MediaPortal TV Server and XMBC addon to get the TV in XBMC but without success.. so WMC it is for the following days since I now rely only on my Antenna since Friday! Smile NO More cable company!!
Where do you buy these Antec 300-65 cases? I can't find anywhere in the US.

Any similarly priced case alternatives for this type of A6 build?
(2012-10-30, 18:44)mattchapman Wrote: Where do you buy these Antec 300-65 cases? I can't find anywhere in the US.

Got mine from amazon.ca. Still available on amazon.com I think. Otherwise newegg had it for a few days recently but now back to backorder / discontinued. This model has been replace by the ISK300-150 so it is getting pretty tough to find. Search for mine "at a decent price" for a while Smile
Good luck with it, or just take the 150 and adapt it for an external psu!
(2012-10-30, 18:44)mattchapman Wrote: Where do you buy these Antec 300-65 cases? I can't find anywhere in the US.

Antec ISK300-65 Mini ITX HTPC Case Brand New
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-30, 19:32)bluray Wrote: Antec ISK300-65 Mini ITX HTPC Case Brand New

Has anyone bought from this guy? Legit?

Thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K0