• 3(current)
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K
(2012-10-30, 23:51)mattchapman Wrote:
(2012-10-30, 19:32)bluray Wrote: Antec ISK300-65 Mini ITX HTPC Case Brand New

Has anyone bought from this guy? Legit?

Thanks
It is eBay competitor, and it is legit......here are some reviews on it- Ecrater reviews...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
One more (maybe silly) question,
I'm going to build my Trinity Pack too, and I'd like to ask is better to go with, matx or mitx Mobo.
I'm not planing big upgrades in future.
Thanks
(2012-10-31, 09:55)Mikeed Wrote: One more (maybe silly) question,
I'm going to build my Trinity Pack too, and I'd like to ask is better to go with, matx or mitx Mobo.
Thanks

It matters if your case can only hold a mini itx board.... then you need a mini itx mobo.... it don't matter but to me the smaller the better for HTPC....

What do you sacrifice in going Mini vs Micro?
I guess a tighter fit with less airflow so more chance of overheating.

Well you can't fit a microATX in the ISK300-65 mini-ITX cases.
MicroATX are usually pretty much the same as fullATX but smaller and maybe with less pci slots.

Mini ITX only usually have only 2 ram slots instead of 4 and only 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot
(2012-10-31, 18:53)Xexiz Wrote: Well you can't fit a microATX in the ISK300-65 mini-ITX cases.
MicroATX are usually pretty much the same as fullATX but smaller and maybe with less pci slots.

Mini ITX only usually have only 2 ram slots instead of 4 and only 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot

OK so still perfectly fine for a basic XBMC box needing only to playback 1080p.
(2012-10-31, 09:55)Mikeed Wrote: One more (maybe silly) question,
Thanks
If you have room for Micro-ATX in your entertainment center, the Micro-ATX is better than Mini-ITX. You will have more room to grow, more options, more room for air flow, it tend to run cooler than the tighter space in the Mini-ITX case, it tend to be cheaper to build too....

My first build was Micro with the ML03b. It seemed a small case at the time but now seems too big and I want to build a Mini-ITX. Solid iGPUs have negated the need for a discrete GPU on most cases and powerful chips are now running cooler.
Yup, there are plenty of mitx cases but is hard to find good and cheap matx case. How is it with energy consumption? I'd like to use microPSU (80W) and I don't know if I can use it at natx board.
(2012-11-01, 20:20)Mikeed Wrote: Yup, there are plenty of mitx cases but is hard to find good and cheap matx case. How is it with energy consumption? I'd like to use microPSU (80W) and I don't know if I can use it at natx board.
Since Micro-ATX is bigger, it should be easier to fit Pico PSU in it....I'm suggesting the 120W instead....PicoPSU-120W 120W DC-DC ATX Power Supply & 120W AC Adapter....

Quick update on my project.. finally decided to cancel the motheboard after 2weeks waiting to come In Stock. Cancelled this last part on my order and order it on newegg.ca with a kill a meter in the same time Smile Lets pray I receive it tomorrow now..
Finally completed my A6-5400K impulse buy. Overall, for ~$225 (without OS), this is an almost perfect XBMC install.

Pros: Everything in XBMC proper (Eden on Win7x64) works flawless.
All of the usual suspects run fine - 1080i@60, the Bird scene...
Metropolis runs just as smooth on this as my i3s with GT 430's.
The case was super cheap and ugly, but is functional. It has some oddities with power mounts, but it will not be seen.

Cons:
The stock CPU fan is loud. I thought I might get away with it since it will be behind a cabinet, but the CPU fan is just too loud for my bedroom. Ordered this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835226049 as a replacement. It was cheap and will fit, I don't need it silent, just not loud.

The MSI board (MSI FM2-A75MA-E35) is the weakest link so far. It boots extremely fast (~20 secs), but it will not sleep (S3) properly. It will go into sleep, but its USB connections (specifically the silver HP IR receiver - Code 43 errors) will not work properly once it wakes. A reboot will solve all the problems.

Also, the USB keyboard or mouse will not wake it from sleep.

I have tried playing checkbox bingo in Windows power settings, reseting the CMOS, reinstalling all USB devices, used different IR receivers, changed all BIOS settings, reinstalled all Catalyst drivers (12-10) and nothing has helped.

I think I will try OpenElec for sleep support.

Edit 8 Nov:

It turns out that you need to set a jumper in order to get standby power to USB. With this change, this set up is absolutely perfect. Running nightlies of Frodo of OpenElec. I could not be happier! Highly recommended.
Wow you guys in the states really get ripped off on Internet. Im in the uk an I get 30mb/s unlimited for around 35$ a month with no caps.
Don't get me started Wink hehe
Im in QC, Canada though, but on mobile plan we do get raped! majority are 40-50+tx for.. 500mo. Pathetic.
(2012-11-05, 14:59)bladeds Wrote: Wow you guys in the states really get ripped off on Internet. Im in the uk an I get 30mb/s unlimited for around 35$ a month with no caps.
I'm paying $53/month for 18Mbps, which is not bad. I cannot complain for everything. I cannot complain about the electronics price either, because I usually get killer deal on electronics in the U.S....

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K0