Recommendation for pre-built HTPC
Sorry for yet another generic thread "recommendation" title. I had good luck here with my first build based on AMD A8-3850 chip. I just moved into a new house and am now looking to buy not build, 2 or possibly 3 more systems. This time I want to purchase some pre-built systems for the sake of convenience. Here are my requirements:

1. Small form factor
2. Able to power on or off via remote
3. Play HD 1080p content without difficulty
  • My HD media is ib BD folder format
4. I tried OpenElec in the past but had some difficulties getting ti to work...I understand the new version 2.0 is much better, so if possible this might be my platform
  • If I can get the machine to boot directly to XBMC my wife will be ecstatic
5. Price is not an issue...I want the best solution that satisfies the above requirements
6. This can be either AMD or Intel whatever is currently considered the best

I have looked at the Zotac units but wouldn't mind some first hand recommendations. Cheers
http://www.xtreamer.net/ultra2/ works great with openelec
Jonke---where did you get this from? Are you located in North America? If yes how was shipping, etc....
Do you want a fully built out system or would a barebones (you add the SSD and OpenELEC) be ok?

If you're looking for barebones there are small HTPC-oriented systems here: barebones systems
(2012-10-21, 18:40)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Do you want a fully built out system or would a barebones (you add the SSD and OpenELEC) be ok?

If you're looking for barebones there are small HTPC-oriented systems here: barebones systems

My only concern is that I'm looking for a proven system. I don't want to spend too much time trouble shooting or configuring. For example, I want the system to power on/ off with the remote without any fuss. The Xtreamer looks pretty complete especially with the add on keyboard remote.

The zotac line also look pretty good, but I'm not sure which model s considered the best given the above requirements.

I have a zotac ad10, 64 GB SSD, running aeon nox skin. I wish it had a little more power because I like to use the wall view do movies and it tops out my CPU at 100% when scrolling and at other times. Take into account I am using windows 7 and if I was smarter with Linux it would probably be much speedier.

All in all I like it and the price was great. Very reliable and haven't had any system problems in over a year.
(2012-10-22, 00:40)Gunserotti Wrote: The zotac line also look pretty good, but I'm not sure which model s considered the best given the above requirements.
This "ZOTAC ZBOX-ID82-PLUS-U" with Intel HD3000 iGPU should playback everything in your list....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
From Another post recommended by Bluray:
Quote:Intel Core i5-3470S 2.9GHz Ivy Bridge Quad Core Mini-ITX PC Kit......you'll have the latest and the greatest Intel iVy Bridge CPU...... it's tiny, and they sell mounting bracket to mount behind HDTV too....

This looks great! It also looks like the company has favourable reviews. Any body try the i7?

(2012-10-21, 17:32)Gunserotti Wrote: Jonke---where did you get this from? Are you located in North America? If yes how was shipping, etc....

No , Sweden ...
(2012-10-22, 13:38)Gunserotti Wrote: From Another post recommended by Bluray:
Quote:Intel Core i5-3470S 2.9GHz Ivy Bridge Quad Core Mini-ITX PC Kit......you'll have the latest and the greatest Intel iVy Bridge CPU...... it's tiny, and they sell mounting bracket to mount behind HDTV too....

This looks great! It also looks like the company has favourable reviews. Any body try the i7?
If you don't mind the price, i5/i7 iVy Bridge are the best and you'll have the latest technology......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendation for pre-built HTPC0