Req Support for the iCade 8-Bitty gamepad (actually a BT keyboard)
I thought I might pop this back up - related to a Ned Scott's comment about the iControlPad, the iCade 8-Bitty finally went on sale this week:

It is actually a Bluetooth keyboard, which sends pairs of keyboard presses each time a button or the D-pad is pressed. I purchased it out of curiousity and on the off chance that it might pair and then be finagled into working with my Apple TV 2G running XBMC Eden - I'd pop an emulator on and enjoy some classic games on my big screen TV. Paradise!

The first step was getting pairing working - unfortunately, at this early step an issue occurred. I have BTStack (ch.ringwald.btstack 0.2-1045, ch.ringwald.keyboard-atv 1.0.1-1 and org.tomcool.btstack-ui 1.0.1-1) installed, and under Custom Settings in Lowtide I can select and see the 8-Bitty when it's put into discoverable mode, but the challenge is getting past the point where BTStack requires entering "0000". There's no way that I know of to do this on the 8-Bitty.

Now I believe that this isn't really something the XBMC folks can implement, but I thought I'd bring it up in this forum as there are surely others interested in adding a gamepad to their AppleTV 2G/3G setup. I'll next be inquiring with ThinkGeek as to how I might enter 0000 (their instructions packed with the hardware say you can) and will keep this thread updated.
Are there emulators working on apple tv 2Huh
nope
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Right. I see yllus mentioned just "apple tv,", so it implies apple tv model #1... nice thing anyway.
It's more than possible to have an emulator working on the ATV2, but no one has done it yet. The source code for the SNES emulator for iOS is open source, too.

Even just using it for XBMC alone would still be cool, though. The controller is only $25 USD.
Would very much like to +1 this. Just purchased from ThinkGeek, would make a perfect xbmc remote for Raspberry Pi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for the iCade 8-Bitty gamepad (actually a BT keyboard)0